How does one Thai get out of Australia?

TSF

Just read this online on Thai Enquirer site: 

"Thailand’s government said on Wednesday that it had discovered eight new cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours in state quarantine and alternate state quarantine.

The Thai patients in state quarantine were returning from the US (2), Australia (1) and Japan (1). A family of four Americans arriving from the US were also found to be infected in alternate state quarantine."

Can someone please explain to me how one Thai managed to get from Australia to Thailand when Australia's international borders are sealed tight. There are currently thousands of foreigners stuck inside Australia who went there on visitor visas and study visas but they can't get out of Australia and return to their home countries. Plus there are thousands of Australians who are separated from spouses and partners in other countries but they cannot get out of Australia to rejoin their loved ones. Yet this one Thai managed to return home from Australia. 

Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess I'm just confused from hearing/reading so many conflicting news reports. I watch ABC & other Aussie news daily on TV and listen to ABC radio everyday, so this is where I get most of my information from, along with internet forums like this one.

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, you appear to be unaware that anyone can leave Australia with the appropriate reason and documentation. There are regular repatriation flights in both directions,

Quite so. Tony Abbot had no dramas going to the UK.

55 minutes ago, TSF said:

Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess I'm just confused from hearing/reading so many conflicting news reports. I watch ABC & other Aussie news daily on TV and listen to ABC radio everyday, so this is where I get most of my information from, along with internet forums like this one.

Try reading Thai news instead. So many news websites. I didn't know it was possible to not know about repatriation flights. 

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Try reading Thai news instead. So many news websites. I didn't know it was possible to not know about repatriation flights. 

Best shot is to follow Oz Embassy Bkk FB pages..daily video updates from Ambassador with links to everything of interest.