Air cleaner display meaning?

bankruatsteve

I purchased a Nidouillet (RPC) air cleaner from Lazada (good price).  It's been great: for 3 nights in a row I've been able to sleep through without needing to get up for an allergy pill.  So, I'm happy with the product.

The manual that came with it was worthless and the vendor hasn't responded to my question as to what the display means where it has "P0 99" and sometimes "P1 99".  Google doesn't find anything that I've tried to search for on this.  

Anybody know what the numbers are measuring and what the difference is between P0 and P1?

Thanks.

Nidouillet air cleaner.jpg

Nidouillet display crop.jpg

It shows on left side "AQI good" and just prior to display you question is "PM2.5" which should indicate is measures ug/m3 content of air.  My meter reading currently in a filtered BR is "002" and anything above 010 is not that great.  The "P" might be "processed air" but not sure - can it be changed to measure something else using remote?

One thing I did find on search is that filter must be changed every 3 months (that is a very short life) so hope they are available.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

can it be changed to measure something else using remote?

Not that I can see.  On/off, timer, fan speed, ionizer, uv, sleep and auto option.

The manual (or maybe I saw elsewhere) said 2000 hours on the filter (3 months 24/7?)

It uses HEPA filter which seems is the one used in almost all the units and the shop says it can sell replacement for B500 (I think that was the quote).

I'm thinking it must be some kind of particulate count (but i would wonder how it measures that).  It would just be nice to know what it's telling me.  

Edited by bankruatsteve

I would check that reading gets higher if you air out room and lower as filter cleans the aid and if goes high check the "AQI" as that should follow if it is measuring pm2.5 which I suspect it is.  Although right now most air is good AQI. 

The 3 month I noted on Amazon advertisement (no longer available - not a good sign for future availability of filters so might be good to get several extra now).  

Yeah, when I turn on after leaving it off for a few hours, it usually starts with a P1 number but quickly drops to a P0.  The longer it is on, the lower the number - I think it was at 08 at one point but usually in the teens.  The shop has finally responded saying the manual explains.  I told them no it didn't and they said will check and get back.  Hope so.  I don't see replacement filter in Lazada so will also ask how to order for that.  Cheers.