Oasis Hong Kong Launches Vancouver Flights

Levent

This might be of interest for the Canadian members of Thaivisa, as well as people wishing to visit Canada.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines will launch flights to Vancouver on 28 June. An economy round-trip starts at HK$ 5200 including taxes. They are offering a 'buy 1, get 2' deal for business class tickets, where you can use the free ticket for a travel companion or to travel on another flight. While the economy class fare is maybe not that cheap, the business class offer is certainly worthwhile.

The flight leaves Hong Kong at 18.15 every day except Wednesday.

I tried the buy one get one free, they have removed the cheapest ticket during this period so with the offer it is only marginally cheaper than the normal price of their business tickets.

Unless I couldn't make their web site work properly!

Didn't look at the 2 for 1 offer but the regular business class airfare beats Air Canada's economy class fares, and no need to put up with AC's uber-unionized lazy staff all through the journey either.

The 2 for 1 business class ticket offer is for bookings till 15 May. The cheapest round-trip fare is HK$ 19,220 with taxes, but the offer is valid only if you buy a round-trip of at least HK$ 23,880. I have been shopping around on the website and it seems that business class fares are either 9000 or 16,000 one-way. So you could buy a return trip for HK$ 25,000 plus tax (26,220), which is about US$ 3300.

You can get a business class round-trip on China Airlines via Taipei for about US$ 3000, or a bit cheaper if you combine various airlines. But with Oasis's 2 for 1 offer, one ticket will cost you US$ 1650, so that's considerably cheaper. And it's a non-stop flight.

By the way, Oasis also has a 2 for 1 offer on their Hong Kong to London Gatwick fights.

amen to that

i have avoided ac for 15 years now, fly a variety to get to yvr then use westjet to get me the rest of the way.

sometimes it cannot be avoided (ac) but i do my best.

i could not imagine the experience of going over the pond with them, what a terror!

Didn't look at the 2 for 1 offer but the regular business class airfare beats Air Canada's economy class fares, and no need to put up with AC's uber-unionized lazy staff all through the journey either.