Whats Up With The Net In Cm At The Moment?

eek

I have been getting more and more frustrated that a high percentage of sites are coming up as "Page cannot be displayed". I thought it was a problem only I was having until i read this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118237&hl=

I have a programme that can change my ip and re-installed to try and see if that works (great for viewing sites that thailand has blocked such as youtube) ..but seems i need to get the latest java and every site i try to get java from is "page cannot be displayed"! grrzzz (Oh.so, If you have a direct download link to java 1.4 or higher for xp can you post the link..tnx)

Is everyone having this problem at the moment? Any ideas of how to sort it?

Go to the main Sun-Java website and you can download directly from there.

I fear however that your problems may well be local to your machine/network/router/connection or ISP rather than Thailand's net censorship. The censored sites come up with a message in Thai stating the site has been banned. The "Page Can Not Be Displayed" sign is normally due to a timeout or slow connection. I have not had any problems accessing anywhere for some time now.

Go to the main Sun-Java website and you can download directly from there.

I fear however that your problems may well be local to your machine/network/router/connection or ISP rather than Thailand's net censorship. The censored sites come up with a message in Thai stating the site has been banned. The "Page Can Not Be Displayed" sign is normally due to a timeout or slow connection. I have not had any problems accessing anywhere for some time now.

I'm in Nan province and I've been having similar problems this week, on this site especially

i cant actually get onto the sun-java link. I need someone to post the direct exe so i can save to my comp.

Def not a timeout as its instant, and other sites working at normal speed.

I do believe its an isp prob as suggested and nothing to do with thai censorship. The sites that i gen go to are not the sort of sites thailand would censor (i believe).

hmm..yeh so if anyone can post the direct exe.that could help. cheers.

eek, I'm assuming you have cleared out your cache recently?

Go to Control Panel, click on Network Connections, then Local Area Connection (I'm assuming you are on DSL?), right click, then click Repair.

Also have you run the XP diagnostic?

When you get the Page Not Found error message, click on the Diagnose Problem. Takes about 5 minutes. When done, open up the detail report option, and read what it says.

Also do a modem reset (again assuming you have DSL). Somewhere on modem (usually in back) there is a Reset button. Try it, this often works.

Also check your connections, especially your Ethernet cable. If cable gets bent or pinched, very thin wires inside can be damaged easily. Swap out the cable and see if that helps.

If you've done all of this already, my apologies for offering the obvious!

PS I know you say other sites work fine, but it doesn't hurt to try the above.... :o

Edited by mcgriffith

sorry..should have posted an update. Was a dns error. Now solved.

I had tried what you suggested, to no avail. Regardless, when someone takes the time to post suggestions its always appreciated. tnx mcgriffith. :o