Ais Gprs Package

naka

I applied for the AIS GPRS package two weeks ago using

the *138* etc. number.

After two weeks my hours had run out and I wanted to

recharge it so I dialed the same number again.

The response however was that it told me I already had this service.

Erm! ... I knew that, but there are no hours left on it.

Am I missing something here, the AIS/)One2Call website

is not much help.

Naka.

These are monthly packages you subscribe to.

The idea is to try to determine how many hours in one month you'll need.

If you go over these hours, you'll get billed an extra 1 Baht/minute, if you don't use all your hours, you'll lose them at the end of the month...

You cannot top up these hours. You'll just have to wait till the end of the 30 day period, cancel your package and choose one with more hours. I'm not sure you can do this before the end of the month (the 30 day period since you subscribed)...

You do not need to wait until the end of the 30 day period. You can call 1175 and talk to an operator, cancel your package right now, and immediately sign up for a new one. You cannot do this with the automated service, you need to talk to an AIS operator. If you want to go through 4 'monthly' packages per month, they have no problem with this at all. You can use it just like the normal top up service if you call and us the operators. Most people do not get anywhere near to finishing their monthly package, which is why they make it difficult to change packages, but if yours runs out they are happy to sell you more time.

You do not need to wait until the end of the 30 day period. You can call 1175 and talk to an operator, cancel your package right now, and immediately sign up for a new one. You cannot do this with the automated service, you need to talk to an AIS operator. If you want to go through 4 'monthly' packages per month, they have no problem with this at all. You can use it just like the normal top up service if you call and us the operators. Most people do not get anywhere near to finishing their monthly package, which is why they make it difficult to change packages, but if yours runs out they are happy to sell you more time.

Thanks DP25.

I must say this is a strange way to operate ... after all they let you

top up the phone balance anytime.

Naka.

• 1 year later...

it would seem to me the whole point of this post is that the guy is exceeding his monthly hourly package, so an unlimited package would seem to work best.

I usually have a wi-fi connection, but what I do is buy an hourly GPRS package, and on the days I am away from my wi-fi I subscribe via *138 to an unlimited day pass for 39 baht plus tax.

Jeff

Whats wrong with unlimited service for less than 1k Baht?

Nothing.

What's wrong with saving BHT 600 if you don't use more than 100 hours? :o

My Monthly Packages

I pay 150 Baht for a package that gives me 30 Hrs GPRS / 300 SMS / 30MMS

Then on top of that I have a 50 HR GPRS package that costs me 200 Baht

Usually, 80 hours is enough, but sometimes if I'm worried it's gonna go over, I'll call them up and get them to add on anpother package for 20 Hrs@100 Baht

and they have no problem doing that at all

Never understood Thailand working out their GPRS packages in time as in per minute. Where as the rest of the world tend to give you a price per MB. which makes more sense to me.

You could always subscribe to the blackberry package for 899 baht per month and get unlimited GPRS/EDGE Data. U dont even need to have a blackberry.

Never understood Thailand working out their GPRS packages in time as in per minute. Where as the rest of the world tend to give you a price per MB. which makes more sense to me.

You could always subscribe to the blackberry package for 899 baht per month and get unlimited GPRS/EDGE Data. U dont even need to have a blackberry.

For one, the data based packages tend to be very expensive, unless you only use it for example for text chatting. If you use your phone (or a GPRS modem) connected to your PC and surf away with that connection, you would rack up tremendous bills.

Half an hour of thaivisa surfing easily eats several Mb (Just checked, I'm up to 8Mb in 55 minutes)!

I use prepaid DTAC. Bought a "package" around THB105 (my staff helped me to do it on the phone) for 40 hours per month GPRS/EDGE.

Can check remaining balance "dialing" *101*4*9#

Works pretty nice. I think they start charging 1 baht/minute above 40 hours, so will cancel as soon as I reach 40 hours, and re-subscribe to the 40 hour package.

Well...... could just buy the unlimited package at 800-1000 baht - but I "hate" to pay too much for telecom services..... if it was 3G speed, I would do it though.

Does AIS have a similar automated number to call that provides remaining balance of hours on your package?

Or do you need to speak with customer service?

I use a counter inside the phone to keep track of GPRS hours connected. The phone is tethered via bluetooth to the PC.

kenk3z

• 6 months later...

I just bought an "AIS SUPER 3G" package from the telewis shop... 3985baht

for that I got a USB dongle, extension cable, sim and 50hours free every month for 6 months.

I thought I was going to be able to get 3G but I found out when I got home they only have coverage in some areas of bangkok, chiang mai, and chon buri. I bought the card as I would be staying in village areas and want to be able to access internet.

The best I get is GPRS, although the signal is strong (99% most of the time)the speed is less than dialup (about 40kbps up and down).

Was it a waste of money or will 3g coverage soon be national in thailand like it is for most of the UK?

Does AIS have a similar automated number to call that provides remaining balance of hours on your package?

I use a counter inside the phone to keep track of GPRS hours connected. The phone is tethered via bluetooth to the PC.

kenk3z

Yes, just dial: *139

kenk3z

Just use *139# and you will get an SMS with the Minutes remaining

• 2 weeks later...

I have the unlimited GPRS / EDGE Package for my AIS Blackberry Storm and the price is 1800 THB + VAT.

I just bought an "AIS SUPER 3G" package from the telewis shop... 3985baht

for that I got a USB dongle, extension cable, sim and 50hours free every month for 6 months.

I thought I was going to be able to get 3G but I found out when I got home they only have coverage in some areas of bangkok, chiang mai, and chon buri. I bought the card as I would be staying in village areas and want to be able to access internet.

The best I get is GPRS, although the signal is strong (99% most of the time)the speed is less than dialup (about 40kbps up and down).

Was it a waste of money or will 3g coverage soon be national in thailand like it is for most of the UK?

For the time being probably a waste of money, although under 4000 Baht for a 3G USB dongle is not expensive.

I find it strange though that you only get regular gprs, as maybe over 85% of the AIS network is Edge capable.

I have yet to see the G appear on my PDA when getting around, it's always a solid E (for Edge).

Speeds are between 50 kbps (bad day, happens very seldom), to about 120kbps on average and up to 220 kbps on a good day...

• 3 weeks later...
I have the AIS 30 hours for 99baht. Dial *777*77# when I need to top up. (think this is new).

Hi bkkmick,

When you say you dial to top up when needed. Do you first need to put put time on your sim. To make payment?

Cheers jb1

• 2 weeks later...

:) Packages Monthly Fee (excluding 7%VAT) :D

Unlimited 1 day package (time-time) 39 baht

mobileNET (EDGE/GPRS) 3 hours 30 Baht

mobileNET (EDGE/GPRS) 6 hours 50 Baht

mobileNET (EDGE/GPRS) 20 hours 100 Baht

mobileNET (EDGE/GPRS) 50 hours 200 Baht

mobileNET (EDGE/GPRS) 100 hours 350 Baht

mobileNET (EDGE/GPRS) 250 hours 500 Baht

mobileNET (EDGE/GPRS) Unlimited 999 Baht

Blackberry service for BIS(free email) 650 Baht

Apply or Cancel or By On-top package, dial *138

Check Min. remainded, *139#

Exceeded usage is 1 baht per min.

I have the AIS 30 hours for 99baht. Dial *777*77# when I need to top up. (think this is new).

Hi bkkmick,

When you say you dial to top up when needed. Do you first need to put put time on your sim. To make payment?

Cheers jb1

:D 30 hours for 119 bath is for one who apply the promotion " Internet Lover" as the main plan. The number *777*77# is for renewing package when you did not have enough balance on your billing cycle but would like to continue the promotion again since if you top up balance after the billing cycle, system will not automatically renew for you. Must renew it by yourself. ( for " SMS Lover" promotion as well) :) To have these two promotions as your main plan, dial *777

ps. rate 99 baht was for customer who has applied the promotion for long time before, new user will be 119 baht.

Yes Jb1, you must put sim card into mobile to apply all those things. If it's not convenient for you but if you have another one-2-call number, you can use *130*mobile number of internet sim* top up pin# and call to recharge and call the call center 1175 to apply the package for you.

Edited by SongtaiJ

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread..

How can I cancel my internet package?

I tried to call 1175, but the line is disconnecting.

I also tried *138 and *139.

Sounds like you have a problem with your phone or service? I can connect on 1175, *138 and 02 271 9000.