Rugby World Cup 2007

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes a convict colony 200 years ago that was populated by english, so when you rubbish our beginning I guess you are bellitling yourselves, but again that seems to be the soapdodgers only put down they have :D

yo mate, let's NOT go down that road willya? you're exposing yourself to future stinging zingers ... :o

In truth the English luv Aussie-Land, it's just that they express feelings in a strange way :D

yes a convict colony 200 years ago that was populated by english, so when you rubbish our beginning I guess you are bellitling yourselves, but again that seems to be the soapdodgers only put down they have :D

yo mate, let's NOT go down that road willya? you're exposing yourself to future stinging zingers ... :o

In truth the English luv Aussie-Land, it's just that they express feelings in a strange way :D

in reality though and I am getting off subject it seems to be the catchcry by the soapies, if they did a bit of research they would realise that in reality only tassie and NSW were populated by ENGLISH convicts, so Oz in fact not a convict colony, but if they get their jollies this way then so be it.

by the way do you live in glengowrie in adelaide?

in reality though and I am getting off subject it seems to be the catchcry by the soapies, if they did a bit of research they would realise that in reality only tassie and NSW were populated by ENGLISH convicts, so Oz in fact not a convict colony, but if they get their jollies this way then so be it.

by the way do you live in glengowrie in adelaide?

well, the shiploads that followed later weren't that much better, so to keep the standards as it were :D

nope don't live there, unfortunately I'm in Sydney :D I've been in Adelaide for business purposes and liked the place. My 2nd best aussie city after Melburn.

well Captain Chaos kicked the ball and I run with it: :bah:

Why do people tend to hate Australian Rugby players on sight?

Because it saves time

Stirling Mortlock in a Chinese restaurant:

"Waiter, these noodles are a bit crunchy."

Waiter: "That's because they're the chopsticks, sir."

John Connelly takes the Wallabies out for a training run and first up he tells everyone to assume their normal position. So they all go and stand behind they goalposts and wait for the conversion.

Traveling in a train were a Wallaby, an All Black, a spectacular looking blonde and an older lady. After several minutes of the trip, the train happens to pass through a dark tunnel, and the unmistakable sound of a slap is heard. When they leave the tunnel, the Wallaby had a big red slap mark on his cheek.

The blonde thought - "That horrible Wallaby wanted to touch me and by mistake, he must have put his hand on the lady, who in turn must have slapped his face."

The older lady thought - "This dirty Wallaby laid his hands on the blonde and she smacked him."

The Wallaby thought - "That bloody All Black put his hand on that blonde and by mistake she slapped me."

The All Black thought - "I hope there's another tunnel soon so I can smack that stupid Wallaby again :bah:

Can someone give me times when I can watch the Bok/Fiji and the Argies/Jocks matches on UBCTV ??????????????????????????

Thanks

South Africa Fiji is on tomorrow at 11am and again at 9pm on Star Sports

No sign of the Scotland Argentina game

Thankyou - I shall watch it twice

my predictions;

England vs Australia; Eng will have a hard job containing the Aussie backline. Although Larkam is still out, Mortlock returns. He adds alot more punch to the team and gives them direction as well. The flyhalf role goes to Barnes who is a good player. Englands strength is in the pack. Although they have some pace on the wings, the Aussies should have them neutralised. Wilko will need to be on song with the boot as well, as penalties may be crucial. Australia by 30.

30???

Nah remember, it was this combination of the pack and kicking that beat the Ozzies last time. I decline to predict a margin but it will be a much closer match than you are giving this English team credit for.

:o

Sorry for posting so late, but I was nursing a rather serious hangover yesterday... :bah::D:D:D:D

ok, so I wasnt correct with my predictions. Im big enough to admit it. Enjoy it.

I still think we have the best team in the world.

Sure, look I was not having a go (mind you with the amount of Pommy bashing that goes on, I can't see any harm in giving a bit out) but at least you put your prediction out there, nobody else did.

I thought about making one before submitting my post but quite honestly based on their form and all of things you have mentioned I wasn't confident enough to say, for sure, that England would win. I knew it would be close but 10-12, blimey!

Likewise, I wouldn't dream of chancing a prediction against France (although I would relish a win) but again I know that beating this French squad, at home, will be very difficult.

But I wish them the best!

well Captain Chaos kicked the ball and I run with it: :D

Stirling Mortlock in a Chinese restaurant:

"Waiter, these noodles are a bit crunchy."

Waiter: "That's because they're the chopsticks, sir."

John Connelly takes the Wallabies out for a training run and first up he tells everyone to assume their normal position. So they all go and stand behind they goalposts and wait for the conversion.

:o

I only took a tap penalty, you've given it the Garryowen treatment

I sincerely hope that the semis give us all as much fun as the quarters did - and good luck to all 4 teams (except the Fr ... no, no, stop it, bad CC)

I think the reason many people havnt posted on here before is because of the tiresome English bashing that inevitably happens..."I hope any team but England wins"...."boring England"....ETC ETC ETC. I just think people cant be bothered to post. Its hardly a lack of courage as one poster mentioned...is there any courage involved in writing an anon post???

I think its just nice as an Englishman that we won and left all these petty bigoted idiots like the Aussie rugby cheif and Campese with egg on their faces. England ran the arse of the ball on sat, from deep in their own half, even from drop outs, but still we get labelled 'boring'. Teams like SA can spend the whole game kicking up and unders and nobody mentions anything.

Exactly, nothing to do with lack of passion for the team, or not being a 'real supporter' blah blah; listening to all the so-called lighthearted banter gets a bit long in the tooth after a while. Sure, good to have a laugh and bash one another, but trying to have a decent thread running with a bunch of aussie nuts (or pricks called neeranam) is just about impossible, as seen with the previous Ashes and World Cup footy threads. So you guys can keep it among yourselves, blow each other and sh1t on The England all you like and then we'll come in when the damage is done and offer up plenty of gloating. How's that?

If England get stuffed by the Froggies next Saturday you're quite welcome to do the same, but I guess the bashing will happen whatever the result. :o Guess that's what happens when one conquers the world and poos on little nations like Scotland, but hey, that wasn't me personally, the next bloke, or the frigging England rugby squad; blame George III et al.

Anyway back OT. England - SA final and a subtle payback for the previous drubbing :D

Bash away...

I am hoping someone / anyone can help me, please !!!

I will be in Bangkok on the 19th Oct and was hoping to watch live the World Cup Rugby play off for 3rd place and the Final the next day. As they are starting around 0200 in the morning does anyone know of any Bar / Venue that will be showing the games live ( I hate watching replays ).

I am staying at the Majestic Grande on Soi 2 off Sukhumvit Road, so a place close to that would be good, to enable me top stagger home.

Cheers

John

Some of this anti Aussie banter is just a bit OTT especially as they have generally taken the defeat well. There was no similar anti English sledging after the defeat against South Africa so try to be as gracious in victory as the Aussies have been in defeat.

Back to more important issues

Martin Johnson says it's the best World Cup ever

In terms of the number of games that have been fantastic entertainment, I think it has already been the best World Cup ever, and I don't say that lightly. And we have still got three more huge games to go."

An apology.

After reading the last couple of pages following Englands win over Australia, it has become quite clear to me that we Aussies are whinging, whining, ungraceful losers. The English fans have accepted their win with grace and dignity.

In the past, the long suffering English, gentlemen posters on this forum have been abused, insulted, and belittled unmercifully by us Aussie, low bred, ruffian convicts. They have rarely let these attacks faze them, and have always kept their tempers and high class manners in check against the withering blasts of invective from us scum. Retaliation is not something they care to indulge in generally, but I shouldn't be surprised that, just once, several have let their frustrations show and called us for the miserable so and sos we are.

Therefore, I would like to sincerely apologise to all English sports followers who have long suffered our unfair, beastly taunts at your many ineptitudes on various sporting fields over the years, and promise to restrict my banter in the future to the occassional "well done sir, nice try!" :o

Croc

Edited by Old Croc

I agree that both the Pumas and the Pacific Island teams have proved that they deserve to be in regular top level competition. But I think Argentina should be in the 6N, not the 3N, because most of their test players are in club competition in Europe. If they join the 3N those guys would effectively be playing rugby 12 months a year which can't be healthy. Would make more sense for them - and probably logistically easier too - to join the 6N

The Saffers have occasionally grumbled about the logistics of being in the 3N. Perhaps they should also join the 6N and then the three Pacific Island teams could take on Australia and NZ in a "South Pacific" tourney. How about that?

On the jokes side - I see nothing wrong with it - there was plenty of anti-Pom sledging going on before Saturday. So long as it is kept to the level of tongue in cheek gamesmanship, where's the problem? The only person who got a bit carried away was a certain Mr O'Neill at the ARU, and what a wally he now looks.

Any overtly offensive stuff is not welcome though.

Good luck to all 4 teams at the weekend.

CC

the fallout continues.....

Touch judges told not to interfere - Thorburn

2:31PM Tuesday October 09, 2007

New revelations regarding the role of touch judges at the Rugby World Cup. Many have questioned why no-one stepped in from the sideline to point out a forward pass leading up to Yannick Jauzion's try in the French quarter-final defeat of the All Blacks.

But United States coach Peter Thorburn said there was a meeting between coaches, referees and touch judges in early September to clarify such roles. Thorburn said the pre-tournament directive said touch judges should focus foremost on touch, foul play and kicks at the goal.

more here

Edited by Donnyboy

Couple of new products on the market.............

Kiwi bra,.... comes in one colour, all black with lots of support but no cup!

Ikea...... are producing a new downunder furniture range, 1 colour scheme green and gold marketed as the "Aussie Flatpack"

:o:D :D :D

TBWG :D

the fallout continues.....

Former NZRU boss calls for Henry, Tew to resign

Former New Zealand Rugby Union chief executive David Moffett says All Blacks coach Graham Henry and the deputy chief executive of the union should be sacked.

He believes both should have resigned as soon as the All Blacks lost to France in the World Cup quarterfinal on Sunday (NZ time).

"It's just not acceptable. It wouldn't happen in industry. We've got to remember it was the (NZ) rugby union and Graham Henry who said 'judge us on the World Cup'," Moffett said.

"They put all their eggs in that basket, including an awful lot of money and they failed. Therefore, they've got to be held accountable," Moffett told Radio Sport today.

more here

henry3.jpg

An apology.

After reading the last couple of pages following Englands win over Australia, it has become quite clear to me that we Aussies are whinging, whining, ungraceful losers. The English fans have accepted their win with grace and dignity.

In the past, the long suffering English, gentlemen posters on this forum have been abused, insulted, and belittled unmercifully by us Aussie, low bred, ruffian convicts. They have rarely let these attacks faze them, and have always kept their tempers and high class manners in check against the withering blasts of invective from us scum. Retaliation is not something they care to indulge in generally, but I shouldn't be surprised that, just once, several have let their frustrations show and called us for the miserable so and sos we are.

Therefore, I would like to sincerely apologise to all English sports followers who have long suffered our unfair, beastly taunts at your many ineptitudes on various sporting fields over the years, and promise to restrict my banter in the future to the occassional "well done sir, nice try!" :D

Croc

Thankyou. :D

You Aussies are always the most graceful of winners. :D

Anyone for a drop kick? :o

Edited by mrtoad

Forward passing?

fair point IF the pass was passed at a distance from 3 meters or more. The pass in question was a pop pass or lobb pass, which was different to the ones in the video. In the case of that lobb pass, it was well forward.

But MB, I have moved on so I wil leave it at that. :o