There's no fixing stupid! Woman wore earphones in the shower then DRIED them in the microwave!

webfact

10 hours ago, Surelynot said:

There was a woman who successfully sued a microwave manufacture (in USA of course) when she tried to dry her wet kitten (it died) in her brand new microwave.......said there was nothing in the instructions advising her not to do that!!!

I do hope that you don't seriously believe this urban legend. Nice swipe at the USA of course.

Thai people have no idea what a 'wave' is.  My girlfriend bought a tiny portable oven and said it is a microwave.  I spent a while saying it is nothing like a microwave, costs a lot of money is pretty much useless.  So it has sat in the kitchen for a year now and we have never used it.

I am not surprised someone would dry headphones in one.

Edited by johnray

1 hour ago, ChristianBlessing said:

I do hope that you don't seriously believe this urban legend. Nice swipe at the USA of course.

My Mom had a friend who apparently tried to dry her little dog in a microwave.  This was back in the late 1950's when almost no one had one.  Her husband was an executive for Tappan Stove, who manufactured them.  They cost over $1,000 back then.

12 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

You CAN put your dog in the microwave to dry

BUT first you have to poke holes in him so he doesn't explode

I once cooked some squirrel innards to feed to the dog.  They exploded.  So I cleaned it, poked holes in everything and tried again.  Still popped. 

18 hours ago, Surelynot said:

There was a woman who successfully sued a microwave manufacture (in USA of course) when she tried to dry her wet kitten (it died) in her brand new microwave.......said there was nothing in the instructions advising her not to do that!!!

Link please.