Renewing Non-imm O By Mail

I just received my Non-Imm O visa from the Thai Consulate in Dallas, TX. Just walked in paid $125, gave the receptionist my application and pics and she took it back to the Honorary Consul General who signed it and I was done. Took all of 15 minutes. My question is when the time comes to renew my visa can I mail it from Thailand to the Dallas Consulate to get it done? This is all new for me so forgive me if this seems ignorant to some more experienced folks. Thanks for any info.

I just received my Non-Imm O visa from the Thai Consulate in Dallas, TX. Just walked in paid $125, gave the receptionist my application and pics and she took it back to the Honorary Consul General who signed it and I was done. Took all of 15 minutes. My question is when the time comes to renew my visa can I mail it from Thailand to the Dallas Consulate to get it done? This is all new for me so forgive me if this seems ignorant to some more experienced folks. Thanks for any info.

It was discussed before, and I think nearly everyone agreed that it was illegal to mail your passport outside of thailand.

What was the "O" issued for? Maybe you could extend in Thailand, or go to a neighboring country and get another visa.

A visa that is obtained outside of Thailand when you are still in Thailand is invalid. The immigration officer will be able to see that you were still in Thailand (by checking the stamps) when the visa was obtained.

totster :o

A visa that is obtained outside of Thailand when you are still in Thailand is invalid. The immigration officer will be able to see that you were still in Thailand (by checking the stamps) when the visa was obtained.

totster :o

Thanks. I appreciate the answer.