Foreigners Detained for Illegal Daycare on Koh Pha Ngan

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

"keep operations within legal boundaries and ensuring the safety and compliance of all service providers"

Uh, don't you mean keep these jobs for ONLY Thais, regardless of the quality of the services rendered?

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Uh, don't you mean keep these jobs for ONLY Thais, regardless of the quality of the services rendered?

everything, every job is protected and only for  Thais... that is why it is so difficult to get work or volunteer jobs in Thailand.. A foreigner is not allowed to do something a Thai can do, so in fact we are not allowed to do anything....Outdated labour laws

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of the Tourist police

Police in Surat Thani have detained several foreigners suspected of operating an illegal daycare and wakeboarding service centre on Koh Pha Ngan.

Tourist Police apprehended a 26-year-old Russian woman and an 18-year-old Myanmar woman at a residence where they were taking care of foreign children. The Russian woman confessed to police that she had been working at the daycare for three months while on a tourist visa.

The Myanmar woman revealed she had been employed there for over a year as a helper. Both women indicated that their employer was a Belarusian woman, whom police are currently attempting to locate.

In a separate incident, police raided Back & Forth Wake Park, targeting illegal wakeboarding services. A Russian man was arrested for operating the facility without proper authorisation since December last year. He was also in Thailand on a tourist visa.

Authorities are cracking down on illegal foreign-run businesses, aiming to keep operations within legal boundaries and ensuring the safety and compliance of all service providers.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-17

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Seriously 9 and a half in photo. Need wide angle lens. Then we could get 20 in photo 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Myanmar woman revealed she had been employed there for over a year as a helper. Both women indicated that their employer was a Belarusian woman, whom police are currently attempting to locate

One day Thailand will open up... but not in my lifetime.

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

everything, every job is protected and only for  Thais... that is why it is so difficult to get work or volunteer jobs in Thailand.. A foreigner is not allowed to do something a Thai can do, so in fact we are not allowed to do anything....Outdated labour laws

And yet, that's exactly what most people would want in their home countries. 

Immigrants not taking the jobs away from the citizens of.

Why every country has immigration laws.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I thought this was weeks ago, is this the second one/time ? 

Has AN stuffed up ? Last time it showed photos of inside the nursery, it looked very well run.

If you are thinking about this one, it is a different case.

There are obviously too many kids on KPN.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1321881-american-woman-arrested-for-allegedly-operating-nursery-without-legal-permission/

6 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

"A foreigner is not allowed to do something a Thai can do", sick of this barstool myth being repeated again and again. The prohibited jobs have NOTHING to do with whether a foreigner or Thai can do the job!

(By your reasoning there would be no foreign English teachers in Thailand, because Thais can and do, do that.)

Problem is a lot of Thais are not interested in these jobs a couple of years ago you couldn’t find a kinder garden on the island a foreigner comes along opens one up and everyone is grassing them up 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Strange. I have had a work permit for more than twenty years.

My wife also had one when she was alive.

All of my friends that work here also have work permits.

Maybe the problem is you?

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

A foreigner is not allowed to do something a Thai can do

Thank God. 

I'm so grateful. 

It would be horrible, could not think of anything worse having all those desperate foreigners arriving in the Thailand for jobs.

It wouldn't be the same living here, I'd hate it. 

I worked legally here offshore Songkhla, my company organised my work permits etc., lots of paperwork and rigmarole to process these visa's. 

I see many desperate foreigners working here illegally, all losers, no hopers, I hope they get caught, then deported. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

If you are thinking about this one, it is a different case.

There are obviously too many kids on KPN.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1321881-american-woman-arrested-for-allegedly-operating-nursery-without-legal-permission/

Maybe it was. In the good old days when you could click on the full story.

• Agree 1

So it's OK for the Thai Obese lady up the road from me, no education, to run one in a wooden house, open front with no A/C and nothing to play on. ( Thai Kids) 

I sometimes hear them screaming..........TIT

• Thumbs Up 2