Drunken Man Threatens Suicide By Jumping From The

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: May 2nd 2007

DISTRAUGHT MAN ATTEMPTS TO COMMIT SUICIDE IN PATTAYA HOTEL

A man from Korat province had too much to drink and got into an argument with his aunt who tried to prevent him drinking further. However, he became so distraught that he threatened to commit suicide. Police successfully pacified him and prevented him from leaping out of a Jomtien hotel window.

On 1st May 2007, at 00.30 am, Pol.Lt.Col. Santi Chai-niramai of the Pattaya Constabulary received notification that a distraught man had climbed out of a hotel window and tried to commit suicide. The incident was at R.S. Seaside Hotel, on Jomtien Beach. The police accompanied by the Sawang Boriboon Rescue Team accordingly rushed round to investigate.

At the scene, they discovered Mr. Komkrit Wongkeerati-jinda (28) from Nai-Mueng, Nakornrachasima province, highly intoxicated. He was on the window of a hotel room, on the 2nd floor. In a paranoid outburst, Komkrit shouted out that somebody was coming to kill him.

He would not let anybody near him, then tried to jump down to a swimming pool below, causing many of the hotel guests and staff witnesses to panic. The police, Mr. Komkrit’s family and cousins tried to calm him down for about 30 minutes, but failed. However, after a while, the police managed to catch Mr. Komkrit unawares and successfully took him down from the window.

Questioning Miss Monthira Wongkeerati-jinda (40), Mr.Komkrit’s aunt, the police learnt that she and a family group of 10 had come from Nakornrachasima province to attend a cousin’s wedding at Sattahip and were staying at the hotel.

Miss Monthira had apparently become deeply concerned when Mr. Komkrit started drinking to excess, so she attempted to get him to moderate his behaviour, but it developed into a fierce argument. Mr. Komkrit became hyper-sensitive, complained that nobody loved or understood him, then climbed up to a window and threatened to leap out.

Certain family members and the police attempted to dissuade him but to no avail, until the police ploy succeeded, that is. He was later taken to the police station to calm down and also be given a drugs test because of his suspect behaviour.

Is attempting to jump from a 2nd floor window and attempt to commit suicide? I'm sure his chances of survival would be high.

Edited by tropo

No dispect to royalty here, but, here in Pattaya we are not very impressed by threats to jump from the 2nd floor ... so my first thought about this guy was DRAMA QUEEN!

Edited by Jingthing

No dispect to royalty here, but, here in Pattaya we are not very impressed by threats to jump from the 2nd floor ... so my first thought about this guy was DRAMA QUEEN!

How many floors up is 2nd floor in Pattaya? In Australia, for example, it's ground floor, 1st floor, 2nd floor etc, whereas in the US there is no ground floor. 3 meters/metres could make all the difference.

Sorry guys, I'm bored tonight. :o

How many floors up is 2nd floor in Pattaya? In Australia, for example, it's ground floor, 1st floor, 2nd floor etc, whereas in the US there is no ground floor. 3 meters/metres could make all the difference.

A second floor balcony rail would be about 8 metres off the ground. Parachute training jumps are 12 metres off the ground.

If he did a flip and landed on his head he may do some damage - but then he's from Korat, so who would notice?

In my building floor 1 is at street level.

I remember that scene from a "Lethal Weapon" movie where Mad Mel cuffs himself to a

"jumper" and takes him , via the force of gravity , into the airbag below. Seems it could

be a useful training movie for Pattaya cops.

In my building floor 1 is at street level.

I remember that scene from a "Lethal Weapon" movie where Mad Mel cuffs himself to a

"jumper" and takes him , via the force of gravity , into the airbag below. Seems it could

be a useful training movie for Pattaya cops.

In that case the second floor rail would be approximately 4 metres off the found. Hardly an attempted suicide, but it fills the trashy newspapers.