PCX vs NMAX

Myself2020

Hi guys!

I am interested in buying a second-hand motorbike (2018 or 2019) to replace my 2013 PCX.

I am hesitating between the PCX and NMAX. 

The NMAX is quite cheaper than the PCX for the same year (ie: 2018 45,000฿ vs 65,000฿).

Looking for all advices!

nmax is better power, balance, and above all, brakes,

and i say that as a pcx owner.

i am surprised to hear there is a price difference, if anything, the nmax was more expensive a couple of years ago

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scammed said:

nmax is better power, balance, and above all, brakes,

and i say that as a pcx owner.

i am surprised to hear there is a price difference, if anything, the nmax was more expensive a couple of years ago

What about consumption? And maintenance? Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Myself2020 said:

What about consumption? And maintenance? Thanks! 

i never took the time to check consumption,

they are both automatic and have 150 cc,

and even weight should be similar, so therefore consumption should be similar. i havnt owned an nmax but i presume its like the pcx, maintenance is a non issue

Pcx is better quality. Hold their value. No ABS brakes available. Some 2018 + models have issues with the stators.

Nmax quality is cheaper. Engines have oil passage issues. May require a new piston at 10,xxxkm... Has ABS brakes. Don’t hold their value compared to Pcx. 

Both deliver similar power. Looks are subjective. Fuel consumption doesn’t matter on any 150cc bike. 

My personal opinion from selling bikes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lust said:

Pcx is better quality. 

Nmax quality is cheaper. Engines have oil passage issues. May require a new piston at 10,xxxkm... Has ABS brakes. Don’t hold their value compared to Pcx.  

Are you serious ?

i did 44.000 kilometers with the Yamaha Nmax without issues :)

very high quality and perfect if you are tall 

17 minutes ago, pbas400 said:

Are you serious ?

i did 44.000 kilometers with the Yamaha Nmax without issues ????

very high quality and perfect if you are tall 

Did you buy it new? 

The oil channels are prone to getting blocked leading the premature failure. I’ve personally seen it 4 times. I’m not sure if it’s a specific year made or not. 

Both are good bikes imo. I prefer the Pcx, but for me the nmax would be a better fit seeing how it has ABS brakes and I ride with my family. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Myself2020 said:

It's still a 50-50 for me! I will try to give a short try with both of these bikes. But the resale value is probably important.

Thanks!

Just rent for a day, very good option for these scooters, cheap and plenty around for rent..., hard to find and rent bigger bikes to test drive...

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2020 at 12:20 AM, Myself2020 said:

The NMAX is quite cheaper than the PCX for the same year (ie: 2018 45,000฿ vs 65,000฿).

Looking for all advices!

Where are you finding 45000B for a  2018 NMAX?  I'm also looking to get one but they look to be closer 55k.   There are a few cheap ones that have a ton of km's, but when you figure "1B/km" depreciation, that can be a bad deal.

• 5 months later...

I have ridden many PCX over the years and ended up buying the NMAX new as it has better specs with ABS front and rear discs.  also the engine seems better throughout the rev range.  Great little bike.  I think the resale value has a lot to do with the way the Thais perceive the Honda as more HiSo than the NMAX. I have a Forza 2015 model in Sydney and if I can get back to Thailand soon, I would sell the NMAX and try to find a good older model Forza, mainly for the few inter city trips I do from Ban Suan to Jomtien. Fuel consumption really isn't an issue, they are probably about the same.  You can also screw in a shopping bag hook at the front.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 6:47 AM, lust said:

Pcx is better quality. Hold their value. No ABS brakes available. Some 2018 + models have issues with the stators.

Both deliver similar power. Looks are subjective. Fuel consumption doesn’t matter on any 150cc bike. 

My personal opinion from selling bikes. 

I think they may have fixed the oil issue in the later bikes?