Does Immigration Surat Thani process Visa issues from Koh Phanghan?

Following issue/major fail: For some reason I transferred the 800K money 1 month too late. 
Was on a holiday in BKK, tried to extend my retirement visa there. (I am living on Koh Phanghan).

Officer there: "This is not good. But... We can extend the one or two month you need from now! BUT: Ok, see: We cannot: You are registered in other province, go to Samui." 

On my way back to Samui: Went to Samui Immigration. Additional paperwork (like health certificate and google maps printout and rental contract etc) prepared, but the "money in account since two months"-letter of bank missing as I cannot turn back time. Only the "money in account since..." letter at start.

"This is not good. But don't give us your problems, we will not help you with extending." 

My retirement-visa (issued in Germany last year) is valid till 30 Nov. 
I consider going to Surat Thani Immigration to try there, as issues seem to be handled differently in each immigration. 

Would Surat Thani send me back to Immigration Samui as well - or do I have a chance to be processed there? (I heard that that happened to somebody in the past somewhen...)

Next hope: If I would ask for COVID extension: How would this effect my retirement visa status (at Dec 28 my 800k baht will have been in my thai account for 2 months - so I would finally have all paperwork together for the one year extension wich I of course still want to do!)

I already made many stupid mistakes (with my "german logic" way of thinking) and now I am running out of time for more "try and error" visits at different immigrations... could need some advice, thank you!  

You could apply for the new 60 day extension by doing an affidavit with the reason for requesting the extension they will give you and then apply for the one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of it.

Samui is the designated office for Koh Phangan. 

What is expiring on the 30th. Is it your visa or your permit to stay in the country your visa allowed. What category of visa is it?

• Like 2

My non-imm O-A (issued in Berlin 2019) ends 30.Nov2020

You think they could give me the 1 Year retirement extension after having applied to this new 60 day extension? 

Then this would be the best way to get out of the missing-month trap!  

11 minutes ago, Ulrike said:

You think they could give me the 1 Year retirement extension after having applied to this new 60 day extension? 

Yes am sure they will since the 60 day would be a extension for your current permit to stay in the country. Applying for an extension does not change the category of entry you have.

Ask Samui immigration about it to be sure since they are known to come up with odd things.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 5:21 AM, Ulrike said:

Would Surat Thani send me back to Immigration Samui as well...

They probably would, as Samui Immigration is a branch of Surat Thani Immigration, and the Samui office also handles Koh Phangan.

Samui Immigration is – like UbonJoe says – known for being little special in requirements, like health certificate. It helps – from my many years of experience with the Samui office – to be polite and organized; strictly follow their list of documentation, which you can find in the helpful, pinned thread in the local Samui & Phangan forum about Samui Immigration...