Want American news on TV besides CNN or Fox.

Don't only watch/read conservative or liberal leaning TV/websites/news...don't pick one or the other as that is for the closed-minded. 

Watch/read conservative, liberal, and independent TV/websites....a wide variety....have an open mind to news....it will not hurt a bit.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I like to hear and see both sides of reporting I find RT the best news channel.

Russia Today:

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE
Overall, we rate RT Questionable based on promoting pro-Russian propaganda, promotion of conspiracy theories, numerous failed fact checks and a lack of author transparency.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rt-news/

And that's actually WORSE than the Drudge Report, but not by much:

RIGHT-CENTER BIAS

Overall, we rate the Drudge Report Right-Center Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that more frequently favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to occasionally using poor sources that have failed fact checks. This update moves them from a Questionable source to Right-Center based on improved journalistic standards since last review.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/drudge-report/

OP, is this the part that finally drove you over the edge in terms of Fox News by any chance?

Biden wins presidency, Trump denied second term in White House, Fox News projects

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has defeated President Trump, denying him a second term after a bitter campaign and dramatic, prolonged vote count in battleground states that sparked a flurry of lawsuits.

The Fox News Decision Desk projected Saturday that Biden will win the state of Nevada and the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, giving the former vice president the electoral votes he needs to win the White House.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Russia Today:

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE
Overall, we rate RT Questionable based on promoting pro-Russian propaganda, promotion of conspiracy theories, numerous failed fact checks and a lack of author transparency.

I think the BBC is a joke calling RT propaganda because they don't like the truth known. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Boy. If Fox News is too leftie then you are pretty far to the right in my opinion. Surely Hannity and Carlson can hit the spot for you.

I get that CNN is against Trump but it's hard to be otherwise given the man he is. I  doubt you'll find lies on CNN but they wont tell good news Trump stories on the economy etc. CNN is slanted whereas Fox News is much more biased or they tell straight out lies. 

The Drudge Report is interesting because it seemed to have a more right wing slant to it before but now is more balanced or even anti Trump in the news it promotes. I like it.

RT is clever in it's bias because it does some good journalism here and there but then has subtle and not so subtle jabs at democracy, and the left, and of course is pro Putin.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The review I posted/linked above rating RT as a Russian propaganda organ had nothing to do with the BBC. Try this again....

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rt-news/

I would say there assessment of RT would apply to all news channels there all bias in there own way towards other news channels & countries believing there own propaganda.

BBC as well is included in my book it can be seen in America just same as there own country news channels.

Just an example it can be proved RT interviews live, the BBC vets people first on what are going to answer in a interview.

And here's another probably carried out by American news channels as well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-43754737

32 minutes ago, Pib said:

Bias Rating of RT, FoxNews and CNN from https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/.   

image.png.fe57d8eb74b105e9b4eb4df47b78c98b.png

image.png.a117897567d4bbb15ce5871dddebd32e.png

image.png.eea8379f1509cb8e4672f205e1ec6fc5.png

The comments at the bottom are pretty good but the overall rating is not accurate in my opinion.

Both Fox and CNN have two categories - news and opinion.

For opinion I would say Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham etc are MUCH more likely to distort, mislead, lie, and exaggerate wildly than Chris Cuomo or Don Lemon, who rarely tell lies. I have seen the latter correct there mistakes if they did so.  But all four have an agenda based on their point of view. 

Similarly the news on Fox is, in my opinion, much more likely to exaggerate wildly to promote their agenda.  The violence in the streets bit is a good example. It was a small thing but they exaggerated it as though everyone in the suburbs was at risk and it was all the left's fault. Some may say CNN did the same thing with coronavirus. But that was a thing.

Some Fox news is OK. Chris Wallace is good. 

CNN's is more likely overall to be factual, but it clearly has a left slant, and may omit positive Trump news.

So both are biased but to say they are on the same level, being mixed, is generous to Fox and not in my opinion correct.  

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 2

Yeap...it's the opinion hosts on FoxNews (i.e., Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, Pirro, etc) who preach far right conservatism that greatly damage overall FoxNews creditability.  But those opinion host shows get high viewership rating from many conservatives which means revenue for FoxNews.  So the opinion hosts get to continue to preach.

• Like 1

Did I miss kudos for The Economist? Yes, they're not broadcast news, but their reports are near real time, and for all the years I've been reading them -- hard copy mostly, but now I subscribe to their online publications -- they are "reasonably" objective in their reporting. Yeah, you get a whiff in their reporting that Trump has an aroma -- but on the next page you get an objective report on the good that Trump's policies have done.

No, I'd love to hear objections to The Economist on this thread -- other than it cost $59 for three months of online publications.