Khao Ko Phetchabun

Mrs has been asked if she would like some land 10 rai @ 100k / rai up in the hills of Khao Ko Phetchabun.

I dont have any other details ie near main roads other villages, utilities etc. Wondered if someone may know if the figures mentioned look reasonable :D or outlandish? :D

Mrs has been asked if she would like some land 10 rai @ 100k / rai up in the hills of Khao Ko Phetchabun.

I dont have any other details ie near main roads other villages, utilities etc. Wondered if someone may know if the figures mentioned look reasonable :D or outlandish? :D

Khao Kor is a national park, and therefor with any land there will not have a chanoot title deed. I know the area very well.

I assume you know what a chanoot title deed is?

Khao Kor is a national park, and therefor with any land there will not have a chanoot title deed. I know the area very well.

I assume you know what a chanoot title deed is?

So if no title deed I would assume a purchase of such land would carry a risk?... How do you know the seller actually owns the land they are trying to sell. What a bout the price quoted..does it reflect the risks?

Its 10 years or so since ive been up in those parts, it struck me as a lovely place, it really is nice up there, off the beaten track, a bit of a "hidden gem"

There is no chanoot with any land in Khao kor, people often pass on their plot to a son daughter etc,.

The land is owned by the king/government/army, not to sure which, with that it carries a large risk. The only land you or rather your Thai half should consider is land with a chanoot title deed.

Personally, I would not buy any land otherwise.

Hope that helps a little

BTW,

What are you planning on using the land for?

and are you saying that it is 100,000 baht per rai?

Edited by Monkeypants

There is no chanoot with any land in Khao kor, people often pass on their plot to a son daughter etc,.

The land is owned by the king/government/army, not to sure which, with that it carries a large risk. The only land you or rather your Thai half should consider is land with a chanoot title deed.

Personally, I would not buy any land otherwise.

Hope that helps a little

BTW,

What are you planning on using the land for?

and are you saying that it is 100,000 baht per rai?

yes 100.000 per rai is what was mentioned.

She spoke about growing fruit but if its suitable for that or anything else she wouldnt know until a least a look see and further advice.

• 3 weeks later...

I know NOTHING about civil law in Thailand ( But I am very , very good at UK law matters ) so don't flame! :o

On the matter of the 'ball park' figure, I can help though .

I have been offered 10r of land suitable for building , farming with road ( secondary) access with elec available for 400Bt per R and it seems 100% kosher .

It has full 'chanot' and is adjacent to land owned by my wife's family .

It is not in the park but close to it and my lawyer is checking now but everything seems fine , she said !

I was tempted not to post in case it looked like a con on me to outsiders, but I have been with MIA for years and we have a child together .Her mother also lives with us , I am very glad to say ( I like her ), so I don't think it's a scam for 6000Pounds . It wouldn't be worth it to them .

It might seem that the 100,000Bt R for you land might be a bit top heavy then , though the aria you mention might be more beautiful so that has to be taken into account.

First step ask for copies of the title deeds, tell them that you want to check them out, then plug the title deed numbers into this website to get the government's appraised values.

http://landprice.treasury.go.th/

If there is no record of that land title number, consider it a warning flag.

If the vendors will not provide titles or are reluctant to do so, don't proceed.

In fact I would be very surprised, if legitimate Chanodes are available at all. There is far too many land title scams out there so to be safe one must be very diligent in verifying the legitimacy of land titles before entering into a transaction.

I personally don't recommend buying anything less than Chanode, but if push comes to shove Nor Sor Saam Kor will do, but nothing less.

First step ask for copies of the title deeds, tell them that you want to check them out, then plug the title deed numbers into this website to get the government's appraised values.

http://landprice.treasury.go.th/

If there is no record of that land title number, consider it a warning flag.

If the vendors will not provide titles or are reluctant to do so, don't proceed.

In fact I would be very surprised, if legitimate Chances are available at all. There is far too many land title scams out there so to be safe one must be very diligent in verifying the legitimacy of land titles before entering into a transaction.

I personally don't recommend buying anything less than Chanode, but if push comes to shove Nor Sor Saam Kor will do, but nothing less.

Thanks a lot for that QS !

The nice thing about this forum is that people ( You ) seem to be willing to help others out and hopefully get the same back at a future date.

How that has been so very useful to me , you just wouldn't believe !

I'm sure it is to others as well!

On my post , I just noticed , I posted the land at the wrong price .

It is 40, 000Bt per R .

Edited by swanks