Koh Samui - Penang With Firefly - Booking Online

my advice fo flire fly is don;t fly. i had problem with the stupid immergration policeman who did not knpow his left arm from his right arm.

i have 2 passports. one was full so i renuew my old my passport from bangkok.

i took both pass ports to th air port after paying 15 000 baht or 2 rtn ticket and 3 nights in hotel.

i checked my bag in then procceded to the departer lounge.

the immgeration would not let me fly. saying that i have to go to natong and change my stamp over from my old pasprot to my new one.

i spoke to flire fly.

they did not refund my ticket niether did they change the date they did how ever find me a space 2days after my visa would have epired but i did not realise they wanted another 15 000 baht.

i went to immmertion in natong.

thy told me the police offer was wrong and they gave me thier number incase he did the same thing again.

i did not want to go to a policeman and tell him he ws wrong becuase he would not exept that.

so i flow that day to bangkok. then booked a flight with air asia. arrived in penag that evening.

15 000 baht lighter.

after collecting my visa. i went to penag aiport.

they told e they had seats available. i did not think that thy could give me a refund or change my ticket so at first i did n;t even bother asking.

then i decided to ask expecting to have a bad answer.

the mlaysian man looked at me like i was crazy and changed the date on my ticket for 400 baht. i was just about to depart with 4000 baht.

very lucky.

so conculsion. maybe the tour operation got my so called non refunable ticket and put the money in his pocket becuase i had no problem in penang and it was not my fault that i could not fly.

it was not fire fly's fault but i am thier customer there responablity to look after me before thier busines crashes. i made a companint in penang. so i hope they will get real proffesional rarther than amteur agents to rund thingfrom the thai end.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really confused with the pricing!

Their website at http://www.fireflyz.com.my/deals/weekly clearly stated 'to Samui from 39.95 ringget'

Most people on this forum are talking about a round trip of something in the regin of 5,000+ baht.

Is there any info out there on how to get the low cost flights Firefly are advertising?

Rob

Quite true - but I checked this and it still comes out to a total of only 50 rm more - making it a one way trip of only 100 rm or 1,000 baht.

Obviously YOU don't know, but is there anyone out there with INFORMATION on these "cheap flights"?

R

Edited by robsamui

yes - I've been thinking that myself!

trouble is what is offered online from penang might be quite unknown to the local staff on Samui - that's why I'm interested if anyone's had experience of the discount flights.

R

trouble is what is offered online from penang might be quite unknown to the local staff on Samui - that's why I'm interested if anyone's had experience of the discount flights.

R

If you look at ready to fly on the website and click on fees,there is a full breakdown.

Fuel Surcharge MYR 51

Insurance MYR 30

Dept.Tax Penang MYR 51

Dept.Tax Samui BHT 500

Total MYR 132 + Bht 500 + cost of flight

definatly book online. don't use thai agents they have a no refund and no chnge date policy but that is a load of rubbish. book through Malaysians they are much more clean when it comes to business. i lost totoal 30 000 bah through samui agents for a trip that should have cost me 8000 baht.

:o

R

If you look at ready to fly on the website and click on fees,there is a full breakdown.

Fuel Surcharge MYR 51

Insurance MYR 30

Dept.Tax Penang MYR 51

Dept.Tax Samui BHT 500

Total MYR 132 + Bht 500 + cost of flight

should read MYR 213 + Bht 500 + cost of flights return.

• 2 weeks later...

Previously i do not know what's happen to Firefly. I just experience it. Not much to say. It so WOW, Wonderful.The aircraft so cute, very affordable with the seat allocated. The price very cheap to Koh Samui. Now they having merdeka promo. I get my 50 sen ticket already. Now i'm going to Koh Samui for second time.

Special Thanks to Firefly crew. You are the best among the best. :D:o:D

Previously i do not know what's happen to Firefly. I just experience it. Not much to say. It so WOW, Wonderful.The aircraft so cute, very affordable with the seat allocated. The price very cheap to Koh Samui. Now they having merdeka promo. I get my 50 sen ticket already. Now i'm going to Koh Samui for second time.

Special Thanks to Firefly crew. You are the best among the best. :D:o:D

I just took a look at you 3 posts, and my conclution, I don't believe you, you must own Firefly or your family does! Spam, I say! :D :D

just back from Penang using Firefly

Flight okay

Passport back by 12.15

As i previously mentioned about being overcharged by Firefly.

They have nowmade a 'full' refund.

So i flew for free !!!!!!

Same same :-)

Just checked my cc statement, the initial charge was 747 sterling, they refunded 738 :o - flight cost 5 sterling, an absolute bargain!

• 2 weeks later...
just back from Penang using Firefly

Flight okay

Passport back by 12.15

As i previously mentioned about being overcharged by Firefly.

They have nowmade a 'full' refund.

So i flew for free !!!!!!

Same same :-)

Just checked my cc statement, the initial charge was 747 sterling, they refunded 738 :o - flight cost 5 sterling, an absolute bargain!

has anyone booked recently on the internet ?

i'm wondering if the overcharging problem has been resolved ?

Hi, just flew out Sunday week back.

To answer a few questions here.

I booked via the internet at fireflyz.co.my and had no problems with the booking. The staff at Samu airport were OK, the staff on the plane were helpful and polite. The staff at the other end, the airport were very helpful. To save money the plane lands not at the real walk on gates, but 200 meters or so out on the runway, if it is raining you get wet. I did. Same when you come back, big walk out onto runway.

The plane is a twin prop job, the one I was on was a Fokker of some kind (no, notg a fukker, a fokker, german plane I think)

The flight was good, a bit bumpy here 'n there but no big deal.

No real food on board and you cannot bring stuff on except maybe a bag of nuts. You can buy coca cola, fanta, ice tea and/or some sweets, potato chips or kit kats on board. You can buy a neat pen or baseball cap too, or a T shirt :D

All in all, this beats the heck out of the road trip.

To address some issues in this thread:

1. Can you do it in 2 days, the visa run?

Yes, the time of the flight has now been moved from midday to 4.00 / 4.30 or so. Before it went around mdday so no way, now yes way. I went on a Sunday, handed in my papers Monday, got the visa back Tuesday morning and out and back to Samui Tuesday afternoon. 2 nights in a good Georgetown hotel.

2. Cost: There is some confusion on this thread regards cost. There is airfare then there are taxes and stuff on top. Breaks down like this for a return fare:

a) Return Fare: 329.98 Rinngit / roughly 3,630 Baht

:D airport tax: 109 Ringgit / approx 1,200 Baht

c) Fule Surcharge: 102 Ringgit / approx 1,125 Baht

d) Insurance Surcharge: 34 Ringgit / approx 375 Baht

e) Admin Fee: 30 Ringgit / approx 330 Baht

f) something called "FEE - THB Change Fee: 50 Ringgit / approx 550 Baht

Gives us a total return fare including tax, etc of 654.98 Ringgit / approx 7,200 Baht

I note that the "fee - thb change fee" was not charged to my credit card so the actualy money I paid was: 604.98 Ringgit / approx 6,654 Baht

So, the fare IS only 329 ringgit return, but add on the tax and surcharges and you get the final cost of 6,654 Baht

3. Taxi from airport to Georgetown: approx 32 Ringgit / approx 350 Baht

But I got a taxi back from Georgetown to the airport for 18 Ringgit /approx 198 Baht

At the airport on arrival you book a taxi from the offical taxi booking stand. Or you take a long walk out to the main road and flag one down if you really need to save 50 Baht.

4. Georgetown sucks: well, sure it sucks if you go there expecting it to be just like Samui or Bangkok. However there are people who live there, locals and long term visitors, you can talk to them you know. There are restaurants that serve food, pretty good food too. You can get a drink and a meal. There are a lot of old buildings and some really good shopping. Up north is Batu Feringhi beach which is not too bad. Mind you, if you are a bar crawler who depends on bar girls and beer to get one's rocks off then I guess "Georgetown sucks". Otherwise it is just another big town you gotta deal with for a day or so. Personally I quite like Georgetown and Penang, a nice restfull break from the daily grind of living on Samui.

Cheers, that is my five cents for today. :o

I booked over two months ago online for my trip this Sunday. The total for my trip (this Sunday) was 494 MYR Return.

This will be my 3rd visa run with FireFly, good to see it's still going since my original post.

Won't be needing it any more as I get my year work permit next week. Woo Woo!

here's a problem: i am stuck in penang today because when i went to the airport to go back home to thailand, they informed me the flight was cancelled. this is because only 5 people booked for today. they have moved me to tomorrow's flight, but it appears there are not many more people booked for tomorrow either. i asked the guy what the possibility was of it being cancelled again, he shrugged and gave me the number of their office to call in the morning to make sure. this is very frustrating. i left on monday and planned to be home wednesday. hopefully may make it home thursday, but might not even get there til friday. it is NOT worth the extra days in penang to fly with this carrier. i don't see them lasting too long.

here's a problem: i am stuck in penang today because when i went to the airport to go back home to thailand, they informed me the flight was cancelled. this is because only 5 people booked for today. they have moved me to tomorrow's flight, but it appears there are not many more people booked for tomorrow either. i asked the guy what the possibility was of it being cancelled again, he shrugged and gave me the number of their office to call in the morning to make sure. this is very frustrating. i left on monday and planned to be home wednesday. hopefully may make it home thursday, but might not even get there til friday. it is NOT worth the extra days in penang to fly with this carrier. i don't see them lasting too long.

maybe they will cancel fridays as well ...............

Gee, i was convinced only Alitalia is canceling flight whenever they want :o

Now there is another airline, maybe they should make code share flights :D:D

With nomral airline you also get protection in that events, they pay your hotel, food....even if now too many airline are using bad weather as an excuse to not pay...

For me the big problem of Firefly is that they have only 1 flight a day, so if a person need only to exit and reenter with a dual entry Visa with 2 flight it would be possible to even never leave the airport.....

why they not give refunds or let you change your date on your ticket even when your reason is not your fault in Thailand yet they do in Malaysia.

I lost 15 000 baht becuase the immergration officer either was abusing his power or did not know his job.

i had 2 passports. one that was full so i had to get a new passport. made a new one in bangkok then went back to samui.

i went to the air port with both passports on a sunday. checked in my bags then the immergation officer would not let me fly. he told me i had to go to natong and get my stamp changed into my new passport.

fire fly would not refund or change the date on my ticket but they did offer to let me pay another 15 000 baht. all the time insisting that they are proffesionals and they knew thier job.

so i was now 1 day overstay. went to natong. Natong told me to go back to the airport becuase there is not reason why i could not fly.

so i go annoyed and flow to bangkok then flew air asia to Penang and changed the date on my return ticket in penag airport cost me 400 baht apososed to 4000 baht and flew back to samui