Translation services in the UK

Hello theoldgit, sorry, I am always leaving out important information. So, to be precise, we are in Derby in the UK. We have translations done in Bangkok from 3 years ago for our original visa application for residency in UK and I was worried that when we apply for FLR(m) visa that they might not accept them, so I thought I should try to get them done again in the UK. I don't know if I am being over cautious but this visa is for my wife and her 2 children and is going to be many thousands of pounds. Thanks. John S 

I think you are being overcautious.

The translations we obtained in Bangkok and used in my wife and step daughter's visa applications were used again in all subsequent applications up to and including their British citizenship.

This was 20 years ago, but I can find nothing to say that the situation has changed. As the original Thai document, such as a marriage or birth certificate, is still acceptable, why would the original translation not be?

In the last 4 months I have done ILR and citizenship applications for my wife and used translations dated 6 or 7 years ago with no problem whatsoever. If however you are not reassured by this I believe from memory that the Thai Embassy website in the UK has some translation recommendations. But really for sure you have nothing to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...