Travel Agent

blubythebay

I am "working with" a travel agent in Bangkok via e mail. She has made a reservation for me. Regarding the payment, she is insisting that I pay via money transfer.

I have always paid airline tickets via a credit card in case of any repercussions when I arrive at the airport, etc, etc. I have travelled extensively and never encountered this before.

Is it customary in Thailand to pay international airline tickets via wire transfer? I have been here for 6 mos and realize the 3% add on charge for credit payments.

Can I get some input on this.

Would also appreciate a travel agent referral in Chiang Mai. The flight I want is not available via direct booking.

Thanks guys.

blubytheaby

I am "working with" a travel agent in Bangkok via e mail. She has made a reservation for me. Regarding the payment, she is insisting that I pay via money transfer.

I have always paid airline tickets via a credit card in case of any repercussions when I arrive at the airport, etc, etc. I have travelled extensively and never encountered this before.

Is it customary in Thailand to pay international airline tickets via wire transfer? I have been here for 6 mos and realize the 3% add on charge for credit payments.

Can I get some input on this.

Would also appreciate a travel agent referral in Chiang Mai. The flight I want is not available via direct booking.

Thanks guys.

blubytheaby

Go to P&P Travel on Thapae Road with your travel information from the Bangkok agent, ask them to replicate the deal and then pay with your credit card.

JxP

Many years ago I first contacted Visa for info on whether this 3% charge was legal, or not. They replied to me that is illegal to them (Visa office) because the business had a contract with them that did not allow this, and if I could document it (seperated on the bill) then I would be reimbursed for the fee. The problem I had was getting them to write it clearly on my bill, since it seems that they knew the game. Oh well, I only use my card online now, and at some hotels...