Home gym equipment - where to buy online ?

SGD

I want to buy some gym equipment to be delivered to an address in Pattaya or to an address in Bangkok (undecided as yet).

I'm looking for:

adjustable bench

squat stand

Weights bar and clamps

Weights

dumbbells (10kg to 20kg approx)

or alternatively maybe a reasonable all in one or similar ?

Only to be used for a couple of months and then resold or put into storage (don't have storage ATM).

Budget ? Not sure, not over 30k but useable and cheaper better as I may be unable to sell and need to donate or give up for little money.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to buy a treadmill for me and my son to use at home. I’ve look at many, but without any reviews it iOS hard to choose. Most are computerized which begs the question, who is going to repair/service it in case of malfunction. I want a good one, without the complications of worrying about breakdowns.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me.

Much appreciated.

-O

• 2 months later...

A budget of 30K would probably get you a 45kg babe for two months. Okay maybe you couldn't lift her one handed but socially much better than lifting boring weights on your own. 

I recently bought a treadmill form IRONTEC, found them okay to deal with and you can pay over ten months if you wish. Used my credit card so MrsM can have more points to spend.

On 5/18/2021 at 5:43 PM, Orangutan said:

I want to buy a treadmill for me and my son to use at home. I’ve look at many, but without any reviews it iOS hard to choose. Most are computerized which begs the question, who is going to repair/service it in case of malfunction. I want a good one, without the complications of worrying about breakdowns.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me.

Much appreciated.

-O

I very recently bought a VIVA V4.0 from IRONTEC. It was on offer at 16,900. AS expected the built in pulse measurement is not often accurate but I have a Garmin watch anyway. I would expect the pulse measurement to be accurate with a belt but you would need to check.

Unless you pay a lot of money the treadmills usually have a built in slope. If that is OK with you fine, it doesn't bother me. At my age i don't run on it anyway, but find it much more pleasant with aircon and fan than outside in the heat. I only vary the speed and the slope. It has programs but I haven't even looked at them.

I used the IRONTEC branch which is near Central Chaengwattana, they have a huge selection. Be warned, they don't speak much english at that branch.  They have parking spaces. 

6 hours ago, PFMills said:

Unless you pay a lot of money the treadmills usually have a built in slope. If that is OK with you fine, it doesn't bother me.

Easily fixed by putting a couple of blocks under the rear legs. 

7 hours ago, PFMills said:

. . . find it much more pleasant with aircon and fan than outside in the heat. I only vary the speed and the slope. It has programs but I haven't even looked at them.

So true. Also much easier on your joints than running on asphalt but still somewhat stressful. I think some expensive treadmills have more cushioned belts. Haven't seen them in Thailand.

The programs might be helpful.

On 8/4/2021 at 4:18 PM, BigStar said:

Easily fixed by putting a couple of blocks under the rear legs. 

So true. Also much easier on your joints than running on asphalt but still somewhat stressful. I think some expensive treadmills have more cushioned belts. Haven't seen them in Thailand.

The programs might be helpful.

Ok not much experience with treadmills but would it not get unstable with blocks under the rear leg. Depending of course a bit on your weight and how hard you run / walk whatever.

Have you ever looked at those treadmills without a motor bit curved one (awfully expensive that is why i never bought one).

I used to like running on a treadmill at a gym as i could zone out. But prefered the stair climber best but these things are around 200k bit over budget.

18 hours ago, robblok said:

Ok not much experience with treadmills but would it not get unstable with blocks under the rear leg. Depending of course a bit on your weight and how hard you run / walk whatever.

LegS. No problem with mine. It's pretty good quality, however. I think in general the solution of elevating the rear legs can be made viable one way or the other.

16 hours ago, BigStar said:

LegS. No problem with mine. It's pretty good quality, however. I think in general the solution of elevating the rear legs can be made viable one way or the other.

Yes I understood legs (just counted the hind section as 1). Just that i have seen guys move a treadmill while walking on it. Maybe if the wood or whatever is sufficiently wide and stable then it will work. So its just about finding something that works. I believe you have. 

As i said never had much experience with the treadmills (only early in my training time). After that i preferred stair climbers and ellipticals rowers and the sort. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just saw this post so not sure if you are still looking but an excellent source is Facebook Marketplace.  After frustration with repeated gym closings due to Covid last year I decided to set up my own home gym and found everything I needed over a one week period of searching Facebook Marketplace.  Some things were brand new but most of the heavier stuff like barbells & plates, bench, rack were found at 20-30% of retail price as used. 

Items were shipped from as far away as Chiang Mai at incredibly cheap shipping prices for such heavy items.  All in all, it was a pretty good deal IMO!  The complete set up was nothing fancy or elaborate but it met my needs, and altogether I only spent under $200 for this set-up:

562298758_ScreenShot2021-12-24at11_33_10AM.thumb.jpg.d4e555e0ddc11161d8bb2829c15aabda.jpg

1301965760_ScreenShot2021-12-24at11_40_13AM.thumb.jpg.dcc5c1913f798f503c15c6f31ef15617.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

When the local gym closed in 2020, I bought a power half-rack, 20 kg Olympic barbell and plates, plus dumbbells and other stuff (a quality rubber mat) (direct) from a local company "Maxxfit" for home use.  Link: Maxxfit

The quality is excellent for the price. Power rack came with sturdy support / spotter arms, weight racks, and pull-up bars, etc. 20 months of serious use at home, and no issues with any of the equipment at all. (Bench included, but a bit lightweight for heavy lifting).

Maxxfit rack.jpg

Edited by huangnon
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, huangnon said:

When the local gym closed in 2020, I bought a power half-rack, 20 kg Olympic barbell and plates, plus dumbbells and other stuff (a quality rubber mat) (direct) from a local company "Maxxfit" for home use.  Link: Maxxfit

The quality is excellent for the price. Power rack came with sturdy support / spotter arms, weight racks, and pull-up bars, etc. 20 months of serious use at home, and no issues with any of the equipment at all. (Bench included, but a bit lightweight for heavy lifting).

Maxxfit rack.jpg

That looks like a nice setup; I'm jealous ????

• Like 1

• 1 year later...