Shengen Visas For Spain

Can anyone who has visited there recently confirm the address of the Spanish Embassy Bangkok (Visa section). I have found three conflicting addresses on the internet.

Also do thy insist on the visa applicant handing in the application papers in person? Thank you.

Can anyone who has visited there recently confirm the address of the Spanish Embassy Bangkok (Visa section). I have found three conflicting addresses on the internet.

Also do thy insist on the visa applicant handing in the application papers in person? Thank you.

Embassy of Spain

7th Floor Rooms 701-2

Diethelm Tower A

93/1 Wireless Road Bangkok 10330

Tel: 02-252-6112, 252-8368, 253-5132-4

http://www.embesp.or.th/

Good luck !

This is the new address:

Embassy of Spain in Bangkok, Thailand send edits

Lake Rajada Office Complex

23rd Floor,Suites No.98-99,

193, Ratchadapisek Road, Klongtoey,

Bangkok 10110

Thailand

City: Bangkok

Phone: 02 661 8284-6

Fax: 02 661 9220

Email: [email protected]

Office Hours: 08.30 -15.30 (Monday - Thursday) 08.30 - 13.30 (Friday) Visa Section: 09.00-12.00 (Monday - Friday)

My client just received her visa yesterday. Yes, they want the applicant to apply in person. This way they can ask any questions on the spot. Took her one hour at the consulate, had her visa in nine days.

I know that they want the applicant to be there but does anyone know for sure if they insist on that?

The applicants live 850 kilometers from Bangkok and one is a child who is at school. It seems very unreasonable that they should miss 3 days work and school just to hand in papers personally.

So which is it? Wireless Road or Klong Toey?

Can someone confirm which and that they have actually been there recently?

As YESTERDAY is not recent enough for you and all recent applicants have said they had to attend in person but you're still not sure I suggest you phone them on 026618284 and ask :o

So which is it? Wireless Road or Klong Toey?

Can someone confirm which and that they have actually been there recently?

As YESTERDAY is not recent enough for you and all recent applicants have said they had to attend in person but you're still not sure I suggest you phone them on 026618284 and ask :o

No need for sarcasm, Mahout. Since conflicting information was posted it is reasonable to enquire which is correct.

I also asked in my original post for information from someone who had been there "in person" for exactly the reason that hearsay information is not reliable. I had already ascertained 3 different adresses and neither response indicated that the poster had been there "in person".

The nearest thing that there is to a Bangkok Spanish Embassy website (which I had already posted in the appropriate thread as no one else seems to have posted it earlier) is the following :

http://www.mae.es/Embajadas/Bangkok/en/Men...+sobre+visados/

The paramount reason for the existence of Thai Visa website is to discuss matters relating to visa applications and the personal experience of others so what use is your suggestion to telephone the embassy? This forum may as well close down right now if that sort of attitude prevails.

The advice on the "Embassy" website is as follows:

"The visa must be requested and collected in person at the diplomatic mission or consular office for the area in which the foreign national resides."

That is then contradicted as follows:

"This can also be done via a duly authorized proxy in the case of a transit, visitor’s or resident’s visa for reasons of family reunification."

Since the whole reason for the existence of this website is discussion on visa topics it seems to me appropriate to enquire how far they "insist" (the word used in my original question) upon the application being delivered in person.

For the sake of clarity I will pose the question again, very simply.

"Has anyone had personal experience of presenting a visa application at the Spanish Embassy on behalf of another person?"

"If so, were the application documents accepted?"

"Has anyone had experience of papers presented on behalf of another person being refused? That is refusal to accept the application papers as distinct from refusal to grant the visa."

Information re any personal experiences would be welcome. Thank you.

so what use is your suggestion to telephone the embassy?

Quite simply because they are the people who know for sure. This forum has given you the best help it can and yet you seem to be waiting for an answer that suits you. If you want a definitive answer I still suggest that the best is to phone them :o

so what use is your suggestion to telephone the embassy?

Quite simply because they are the people who know for sure. This forum has given you the best help it can and yet you seem to be waiting for an answer that suits you. If you want a definitive answer I still suggest that the best is to phone them :o

You speak for the entire forum?

• 4 years later...

From the Spanish Foreign Ministry

Address: Lake Rajada Ofiice Complex. 23rd floor, Suite 98-99.

193 Rajadapisek Road, Klongtoey. Bangkok 10110.

Telephones from Spain: +66 2 661 82 84 / +66 2 661 82 85 / +66 2 661 82 86 / +66 2 661 82 87.

Telephones from Thailand: 02 661 82 84; 02 661 82 85; 02 661 82 86; 02 661 82 87

Consular Emergency Number (in case of Emergency ONLY):

+66 818 68 75 07 or 0818 68 75 07

Fax: +66 2 661 92 20 or 02 661 92 20

Email: emb.bangkok(at)maec.es

Email Visa Section: emb.bangkok.vis(at)maec.es

(Email addresses altered to frustrate spambots. Replace (at) with@)

• 3 months later...