Bangkok Airways suspends flights, closes ticketing office due to new Covid wave

webfact

Bangkok Airways suspends flights, closes ticketing office due to new Covid wave

By The Nation

800_09cb2f16c5b9e5b.jpg?v=1610088074

In response to the new wave of Covid-19 infections and the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s announcement urging people to avoid inter-provincial travel, Bangkok Airways on Friday suspended a few flights, including Samui-Phuket and Phuket-Hat Yai from January 10-31.

The airline will also temporarily close its ticketing office on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road from January 11 to 31. However, passengers can still reach the airline via:

• Call centre 1771 or (02) 270 6699 between 8am and 8pm.

• Email [email protected]

• Live chat at https://bit.ly/PGLiveChatEN

Passengers affected by temporary flight cancellations can rebook their tickets without any change fees.

Passengers who booked directly through Bangkok Airways can contact the airline, while those who booked through travel agencies are advised to directly contact their agents for further arrangements.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400921

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-08

6 hours ago, Tidybeard said:

But I can still fly from Samui to Bangkok 4 times per day. This is nothing to do with Covid, this is just a lack of passengers between Phuket and Samui. 

I just drove from Phuket to Samui without a single check anywhere ! 

I think it IS to do with Covid... albeit indirectly.... in the end, outside of airport and other ground locations which can be impacted directly by covid issues... it’s always going to end up as a case of “no passengers” per se that drives the carrier to suspend flights....  I so think their statement here is fairly accurate in that the whole Covid issue is probably what’s driving a lot of cancellations of existing bookings and/or drop on demand for new future bookings as well. 

so i don’t think they’re “piggybacking” off covid in that respect nor using it as a shadow excuse.