Mobile devices from the States

riclag

I posted a similar comment but only got one response so I changed the subject title!

A American issue ! With 3G coming to a close soon ! I'm currently looking for another cheap phone from the states that's not threaten by the  USA cell phone networks sunset procedures ! Any suggestions !

Please only respond with sincere comments

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm in Thailand! I have mintmobile as a carrier (uses Tmobile network) I had a difficult time 1-1/2 ago ( 2 months ,to get a signal )when I moved to a different location,prior to that it was tip top. Mint was trying to sell me a new phone lol by telling me my flip phone was obsolete !

I asked if I could put their sim in my Iphone 5s ,they said that was obsolete!

So I went looking at Nokia's at mintmobiles phone store ,online!

I was going to buy the same here but they said it was made in South Korea and wouldn't work on their network!

I use the phone with a state side number from the states to get codes from financial institutions that refuse to summit them through email or through a voip such as Google voice or skype!

OK. That helps immensely.

You need a phone which will "work" in Thailand. That is to say, it must support local frequencies. Phones from the U.S. may or may not work here.

Can you confirm that at some point your Mint Mobile SIM roamed here and was able to receive SMSes from North America? Can you confirm that your Mint Mobile account is active? Can you confirm that you have UpRoam and that it is funded?

What phone do you use here in Thailand?  The iPhone 5S?

The Mint Mobile SIM will work in the iPhone 5S assuming the form factor is a match.

Other than that you could borrow a friend's phone here for a few moments to see if it works.

Or just buy a new or used phone here.

Give the phone a good five minutes to find a local signal. If it doesn't you may have to manually select a network. Just work your way through the options until you get a conenction.

• Like 1

I have a roaming signal from mintmobile using the alcatel flip phone ,that I purchased on Amazon in the states !

I had a issue(no signal) 1-1/2 years ago  in Thailand with it and then miraculously 2 months later its fine! Mine you I don't dare shut it down!

I'm looking for suggestions on a cheap phone to buy from the states that will meet 4g ,gsm requirements! Soon some of these older phones  like the one I mentioned and the Iphone 5s won't get tmobile's transmission!

On 2/3/2021 at 2:56 PM, riclag said:

I posted a similar comment but only got one response so I changed the subject title!

A American issue ! With 3G coming to a close soon ! I'm currently looking for another cheap phone from the states that's not threaten by the  USA cell phone networks sunset procedures ! Any suggestions !

Please only respond with sincere comments

Thanks

11 hours ago, riclag said:

I'm looking for suggestions on a cheap phone to buy from the states that will meet 4g ,gsm requirements! Soon some of these older phones  like the one I mentioned and the Iphone 5s won't get tmobile's transmission!

I'm having a hard time following your narrative.

You need a phone to use with your MintMobile SIM in Thailand? Or the U.S.?

If Thailand, then you do not need to "get T-Mobile's transmission". You need to get transmission from a local roaming partner.

Your IPhone 5 was purchased where, exactly?

What phone do you use in Thailand?

Any phone purchased here in Thailand will work with your MintMobile SIM here.

Good luck.

Maybe a site like below will help, shows phone and country compatibility

https://www.frequencycheck.com/country-compatibility/B6PPv/thailand/devices

Nowadays there are lots of dual sim phones available, run a local Thai sim and a US sim (on roaming) at the same time, or vica versa

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe a site like below will help, shows phone and country compatibility

https://www.frequencycheck.com/country-compatibility/B6PPv/thailand/devices

Nowadays there are lots of dual sim phones available, run a local Thai sim and a US sim (on roaming) at the same time, or vica versa

I'll check that out! Looks very informative!