Seafood

Maybole

Paranoia has set in !

Wife refuses to buy fresh prawns from any source including our local shop, which used to source its supplies from Samut Sakhon but no longer does. She claims that seafood carries the virus and has been responsible for "many" cases in Chiang mai.

I was always under the belief that a virus needed a living host and would soon die without one.

What is the truth ?  Is seafood as safe as I believe it to be ?

8 minutes ago, Maybole said:

Paranoia has set in !

Wife refuses to buy fresh prawns from any source including our local shop, which used to source its supplies from Samut Sakhon but no longer does. She claims that seafood carries the virus and has been responsible for "many" cases in Chiang mai.

I was always under the belief that a virus needed a living host and would soon die without one.

What is the truth ?  Is seafood as safe as I believe it to be ?

You are wrong she is right.

Quoted from the CDC page on Food and Coronavirus Disease:

• The risk of getting COVID-19 from food you cook yourself or from handling and consuming food from restaurants and takeout or drive-thru meals is thought to be very low. Currently, there is no evidence that food is associated with spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.
  • The risk of infection by the virus from food products, food packaging, or bags is thought to be very low. Currently, no cases of COVID-19 have been identified where infection was thought to have occurred by touching food, food packaging, or shopping bags.
  • Although some people who work in food production and processing facilities have gotten COVID-19, there is no evidence of the virus spreading to consumers through the food or packaging that workers in these facilities may have handled.