Donating Used Clothes: Is It Wanted ?

THAILIBAN

in my home country you could donate used clothes to the red cross or charity easily. there were collections for that almost fortnightly. just pack it in the provided plastic bag that arrives in the mailbox at ur home sometimes, and they will collect it.

is it possible to donate clothes (used, but no rubbish !) in Thailand as well ? who would want it and who would collect it or where to bring ?

and would anybody have use for Farang size - clothes ?

I have quite some items I would like to get rid of, used but in good condition....

what thai is going to be able to wear an xxl shirt and a size 46 jeans?

country people use it.....I donate my old clothes (not old; just the one I do not use and in good wearing conditions) to some families in the country....normally they wear it in the work.....t-shirts, jackets, shoes, pants....

the size?......they don't give a dam!

Edited by torito

Before I moved to thailand I used to bring 140 pounds of second hand clothes i bought at the thrifts shops in the USA and give them away in my wifes village. It always cracked me up to see some guy walking down the road wearing a neon pink ladies sweater.

For the size 46 pants there are quite a few boys and girls around here now and they sell size 46 at the local market.

• Like 1

Yes. Just give them away to random people on the streets. I did it and they were thankful. But I'm the same size as those people. I'm so small

or you could take them down to soi cowboy. there are all sorts of girls looking for money. i assume that it is to buy clothes since none of them are wearing any. :o

what thai is going to be able to wear an xxl shirt and a size 46 jeans?

I don't know about any other charity shops, but the people that buy clothes from us are split about 50:50 Thai & Farang. There are a lot of farang here that find it hard to get clothes to fit them & are very happy to buy good quality used clothes that fit, cheaply. :o

I gave mine to the temple. You can give them away but it doesn't mean the person will wear them. A lot of people here will take anything even though they don't need it or plan to use it. I'm pretty careful now who I give things to. I want to make sure they or someone they know will probably use it rather than just pack it away into their heap of 'things' only to be tossed later.

Holy Redeemer Church, Plonchit Road, Soi Ruamrudi collects old clothes and distributes them to the poor through their St. Vincent dePaul organization. You can give the church a call for details: 02566157, 02566305

u can also give them away to thai red cross (its on rama 4) or the other place is some thai govt agency on Bobae road (welfare dept i think)

regardless of size....im sure they will have some use for it.

especially helpful is unwanted warm clothes....they give those away to people up north.

in my home country you could donate used clothes to the red cross or charity easily. there were collections for that almost fortnightly. just pack it in the provided plastic bag that arrives in the mailbox at ur home sometimes, and they will collect it.

is it possible to donate clothes (used, but no rubbish !) in Thailand as well ? who would want it and who would collect it or where to bring ?

and would anybody have use for Farang size - clothes ?

I have quite some items I would like to get rid of, used but in good condition....

you're so kind. I think you can donate to any foundation in bangkok. I donate my stuffs that is in good condition and something never use before to Sarathai Foundation, phone is 0-2381-8834-6.

thank you for ur kindness.

• 2 weeks later...
Father Joe's centre in Klong Toey.

update:

I emailed the FATHER JOE organization, because I thought it would be the least complicated way to donate those items, but even after 1 week I didnt get any kind of reply.

POOR ! they are obviously interested in CASH ONLY, an impression I already got while browsing their website....

ok Maibpenrai, next try.....

How nice of you to take the trouble to find out who could benefit. I am quite sure that November Rain who runs the Dog Shelter and associated Charity Shop in Hua Hin (about 2 hours south of Bkk), would be absolutely delighted to take anything you can spare.

This lady is running the Dog Shelter virtually single handed, she is a real angel, and I am sure that she would be over the moon if you were able to help.

Quoting Wolfman Jack

Before I moved to thailand I used to bring 140 pounds of second hand clothes i bought at the thrifts shops in the USA and give them away in my wifes village.

Must have cost you a lot of money in excess baggage fees.