Yammaha Aerox need new tyres Pattaya area

n210mp

we were talking about tire / wheel combos on another thread . the baby yamahas ( fino, mio 115) have wheel widths 1.4 in and 1.6 in the 125's have a 1.85 in rear. i'm guessing the aerox is wider still. you can only change the width so much before the curvature of tire is compromised. and it doesn't rub on coilovers or whatever else. hopefully maintain close to same outside dia so gearing and speedo not affected. a160 / 60 -14 is same outside dia but would it physically fit. the big tire craze seems to have hit philippines. many utube vids showing tire combos . i disavow all knowledge of this post / material

Tire+vs+rim+1.jpg

Edited by cali4995
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The engineers of the bike probably know a bit about what they are doing and chose the optimal tire width, so by changing the width you can only make it worse.

The bean counters are the ones who decide.

Look at some FortNine videos re: tires - and see how the OEM "Pirellis" have 1/2 the tread depth as aftermarket Pirellis.

Wider tires are a good choice in all but Ice and Snow - hardly relevant here.

• Like 2

Thank you for your comments. I decided to stay with the 
"Standard" sizes but only because i could not get any info on fitting bigger tyres

After "talking " to 3 companies in Pattaya I went with this pair from  Lazada                       

• Like 1

Never heard of that brand - Mr Google says it is an Italian company, partnership with Pirelli, made in Indonesia.

Running Pirellis made outside Jakarta myself. Well pleased with their performance, dry and wet, on and off road.

Le us know how they are

20 hours ago, cali4995 said:

we were talking about tire / wheel combos on another thread . the baby yamahas ( fino, mio 115) have wheel widths 1.4 in and 1.6 in the 125's have a 1.85 in rear. i'm guessing the aerox is wider still. you can only change the width so much before the curvature of tire is compromised. and it doesn't rub on coilovers or whatever else. hopefully maintain close to same outside dia so gearing and speedo not affected. a160 / 60 -14 is same outside dia but would it physically fit. the big tire craze seems to have hit philippines. many utube vids showing tire combos . i disavow all knowledge of this post / material

Tire+vs+rim+1.jpg

Thanks for the info, I tried (minimally) to get some info on this subject but as you mention it seems to be only a Phillipines  thing!

Just as an aside, I have never been happy with the  "Shocks" on my moviestar and possibly erroneously  had an idea that wider based tyres may help with the impact on any little bump in the road that shakes my ageing wrists to pieces 

13 minutes ago, papa al said:

Seems like you are paying almost 10x more than other quoted prices.

Up to you.

Or maybe you are just poor at math or typing.

Quite so. Getting new boots at the Yamaha dealer is only around 2,600 THB!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Quite so. Getting new boots at the Yamaha dealer is only around 2,600 THB!

the average price I was quoted in Pattaya

IRC IZ-SS 110/80-14 1400THB 140/70-14 1700THB   =======3100

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, papa al said:

Seems like you are paying almost 10x more than other quoted prices.

Up to you.

Or maybe you are just poor at math or typing.

Hahaha 

Little  presumptive minimally judgemental aren't you, maybe I was none of the above and merely  a little mau!

• Like 1