Finishing Up 3x Tourist Visa. Am I Still Eligible For The 3 30 Day Visa On Entries?

The topic pretty much says it. I've been here for 6 months on 3 sixty day tourist visas. I'm from the US. Can I still use the 3 30 day "visas on entry" by doing visa runs?

Thanks in advance for an answer to this...

-Damian

Edited by damian5000

The topic pretty much says it. I've been here for 6 months on 3 sixty day tourist visas. I'm from the US. Can I still use the 3 30 day "visas on entry" by doing visa runs?

-Damian

There is no reason to believe that 3 consecutive 30 day "visa exempt" entries will not be allowed in your case.

If you plan to do the visa runs to land border posts, then it may be necessary to show an onward air tickets with dates 30 days ahead of your arrivals.

If you are arriving at BKK airport, then it's unlikely you will be asked for one.

I'm curious as to why you didn't extend your 60 day tourist visas by 30 days at an Immigration Office in Thailand.

-Damian

There is no reason to believe that 3 consecutive 30 day "visa exempt" entries will not be allowed in your case.

If you plan to do the visa runs to land border posts, then it may be necessary to show an onward air tickets with dates 30 days ahead of your arrivals.

If you are arriving at BKK airport, then it's unlikely you will be asked for one.

I'm curious as to why you didn't extend your 60 day tourist visas by 30 days at an Immigration Office in Thailand.

Part of the issue is cost (Masai visa run will cost me half of what an extension at the Immigration office would), the other part is I'm thinking about visiting another SE Asian country and then returning to Thailand.

I want to make sure I CAN return. I don't want to get stuck at the border between a country where my visa has been stamped as exiting and then Thailand won't let me in.

Anyone else have experience or know the answer to this?

Thanks again...

-Damian

Ask them before you exit is the only other thing we can say. You should have 10k in cash to show in case asked and if they require an airline ticket (have not in the past) they should advise you of that before you leave so that you can obtain.

Really? Is it really that random? It seems cut and dry. From the US. My tourist visas have expired am I still eligible for the 3 30 day entries.

Not trying to be disrespectful to those who have answered, but this isn't laid out anywhere? There's no one that has run into this before?

I want to make sure I CAN return. I don't want to get stuck at the border between a country where my visa has been stamped as exiting and then Thailand won't let me in.

I kind of had this EXACT same thought in mind when I did my first Visa On Arrival run last Monday (May 13th) Damian - to Aranyaprathet/Poipet. My "TICKET OR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN PAID ALREADY" was not an air ticket but a single rail ticket from Bangkok to Butterworth, Malaysia.

Ironically a Filipino family in the line one place ahead of me didn't have any paperwork to confirm they were going to "EXIT THE KINGDOM", so after about 5-minutes of 'discussion' they were advised not to leave LOS and left the line, presumably to get the necessary travel documents. I mention this because IMHO I don't think Immigration would ever put you in a situation where they'd just leave you stranded at a border between a country where your visa had already been stamped as having exited; I'm sure they'd 'weed you out' beforehand and provide advice...just like they did to the Filipino family.

FWIW I had no problems exiting and re-entering Thailand using my rail ticket, however saying that...I was prepared to stand my ground if at first I was denied. I guess having a 'Plan B' (which I had but didn't need to activate) is also a useful possession as well!

Edited by marginline

-Damian

I don't understand why you weren't extending you 60 day tourist visas for the additional 30 days. So by my calculations 3x9=27. You should have been eligible for 270 days in Thailand.

Also I haven't heard of any limitations to issuance of 60 day tourist visas. Did something new happen while I was drunk?

Really? Is it really that random? It seems cut and dry. From the US. My tourist visas have expired am I still eligible for the 3 30 day entries.

Not trying to be disrespectful to those who have answered, but this isn't laid out anywhere? There's no one that has run into this before?

not random ,

individual ,

dealt with on a case by case basis by the officer at the check point ,

who has final say ................................

not random ,

individual ,

dealt with on a case by case basis by the officer at the check point ,

who has final say ................................

Exactly, right from the visa exempt stamp on upards all visas are issued at the discretion of the embassy/consulate with the immigration officer as the final decision. If they like what they see you'll get in with the maximum period due according to the visa type. If they don't like what they see you'll get whatever they feel like giving you. The entry and period of stay is not a given right.

[

Part of the issue is cost (Masai visa run will cost me half of what an extension at the Immigration office would), the other part is I'm thinking about visiting another SE Asian country and then returning to Thailand.

Anyone else have experience or know the answer to this?

Thanks again...

-Damian

If you're going to Maesai you shouldn't have any problems. I went there a couple of weeks ago for a 30 day visa exempt and wasn't asked for an onward ticket or 10,000 baht. You should ask the officer on the way out just to double check before you get stamped out though. When I asked the guy said yes I did need a plane ticket but then the woman next to him interrupted and said no I didn't - it was just that his English wasn't so good!