Second Hand Bikes

dttk0009

I have been interested in getting a motorcycle to get around as I am growing tired of taking taxis and the motorcycle taxis. I realise getting a driver's liscence for the bike is easy breezy (I already have a car one), but I'd like to know where I can get cheap bikes. I was talking to my local motorcycle taxi guys, and they said their bikes were purchased second hand for around 10k Baht. Does anyone here have any experience with second hand bikes? How much they'd typically charge? Where any good stores are?

Much appreciated,

Kirk

I have been interested in getting a motorcycle to get around as I am growing tired of taking taxis and the motorcycle taxis. I realise getting a driver's liscence for the bike is easy breezy (I already have a car one), but I'd like to know where I can get cheap bikes. I was talking to my local motorcycle taxi guys, and they said their bikes were purchased second hand for around 10k Baht. Does anyone here have any experience with second hand bikes? How much they'd typically charge? Where any good stores are?

Much appreciated,

Kirk

Take a look here ... and scroll down .......http://car.thaisecondhand.com/index.php?catid=460

note these are sellers prices ........

get a Thai to help if you can't read Thai .. and take any bike you are thinking of buying to a mechanic first

Edited by jdinasia

I thought it was a pretty nifty gif when I saw it. I suppose if the mods deem it inappropriate I'll change it, but I see nothing wrong with it. Also, the fact that I'm looking to buy a second hand motorcycle in Bangkok to drive should be enough to tell how you sane I am. :o

:o I'm likely heading back up to BKK at the end of next month .... I doubt I'll be riding that much in the depths of the city ... but to and from Seacon and out and about the edges of town work well enough for me :D

But I do ride everyday in Phuket ... same as when I lived in hua Hin