Health Insurance

Richard Prew

This gets asked a lot and there are a handful of choices available to those under 65 but have not seen any feedback about availability after that age.

Bupa, AIA and believe Sun Life seem to be main suppliers.

My guess is that most persons in later years pay cash and if money is tight use the very reasonably priced public hospitals. Not ideal but if my understanding that customers do not have lifetime rights or renewal with insurance plans perhaps the only way. If anyone knows one way or the other on renewal after age 65 am sure many would be interested to learn.

This gets asked a lot and there are a handful of choices available to those under 65 but have not seen any feedback about availability after that age.

Bupa, AIA and believe Sun Life seem to be main suppliers.

My guess is that most persons in later years pay cash and if money is tight use the very reasonably priced public hospitals. Not ideal but if my understanding that customers do not have lifetime rights or renewal with insurance plans perhaps the only way. If anyone knows one way or the other on renewal after age 65 am sure many would be interested to learn.

As long as you aren not over 60/65 when applying it is possible, see the mail I got from BUPA-Thailand

Joop

Thank you for your interesting in our health insurance. The maximum age to join us is 65 years old. We are not provide health insurance for customers who's over 65 years old. Sorry to inform you that in Thailand there's no health insurance for people who's over 65 years old.

For BUPA, if the customer join us before 60 they can extend for live. If they join us after 60, they can extend till 70 years old.

For your information.

Best regards

Phanida

I was over 65 when I came to Thailand and there was only one international carrier that would insure me for 12k baht a month.

With the cost of medical care so reasonable, I have already saved 360k Baht in premiums and building.

There was one post of a heart bypass suregery costing 188k Baht.

In ten years I will have saved more than a million baht in my health account, one of the advantages of self insurance.

I was over 65 when I came to Thailand and there was only one international carrier that would insure me for 12k baht a month.

With the cost of medical care so reasonable, I have already saved 360k Baht in premiums and building.

There was one post of a heart bypass suregery costing 188k Baht.

In ten years I will have saved more than a million baht in my health account, one of the advantages of self insurance.

Very wise. I will do just that when I get there.

I have been with PPP for 35yrs and had a couple of expensive ops, but God knows what I have paid in premiums in that time.