LINE - End of suport for Windows 7 and 8 LINE desktop app

Speedo1968

Anyone else been advised ?
I have LINE and Whatsapp on both phone and laptop.

Quote:-
"From late May 2021 no longer support older versions of Win 7 and 8 when making updates to the LINE desktop app.
The current version of LINE will still be available for use.
However, you will need to update your Windows and LINE app to the latest versions to enjoy the latest features".

Rather confusing, or is it me just being thick ?   If it doesn't support how can you update without going to Win 10 ?

• Like 2

OP - LINE
As an older person and find small phone keyboard a little difficult LINE's EVEN MORE changes just announced to use it's app may / will end my use of this app.

Another "one time" message has just popped up ( need to save all the details of what needs to be done to save "use of LINE" on a laptop as many things need to be done )

have now introduced a total ban on using a laptop / computer without re-registering etc. etc...
Also all current saved data will be lost unless saved elsewhere.

I use Whatsapp for UK but LINE for Thailand.

Any hints on how to make it easy ? 

On 3/20/2021 at 11:15 AM, Speedo1968 said:

"However, you will need to update your Windows and LINE app to the latest versions to enjoy the latest features".

Rather confusing, or is it me just being thick ?   If it doesn't support how can you update without going to Win 10 ?

Seems pretty clear; you need to update to Win 10 and install the latest version of the app if you wish to use the new features.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:58 AM, JayClay said:

Seems pretty clear; you need to update to Win 10 and install the latest version of the app if you wish to use the new features.

No thanks to Win 10.
LINE have now advised that you have to re=register and will loose any saved messages and pics etc.

Still no thanks to Win 10

On 3/27/2021 at 4:05 PM, Speedo1968 said:

No thanks to Win 10.
LINE have now advised that you have to re=register and will loose any saved messages and pics etc.

Still no thanks to Win 10

Thanks for pointing this out.

I rarely bother to open line on my laptop these days so it was useful to see this. ???? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2021 at 8:49 PM, topt said:

Thanks for pointing this out.

I rarely bother to open line on my laptop these days so it was useful to see this. ???? 

From OP
Did you have to re-register ?     If so was it easy ?

43 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

From OP
Did you have to re-register ?     If so was it easy ?

I left it with whatever latest iteration is for Win 7 - not planning on this pc to move to win 10. I don't think they will stop it for win 7 for a good few years but obviously you won't have access to any new features.

Also just had this pop up when I checked on my laptop (as could not remember what if any action I took ????)

1732759444_lineCapture.JPG.82825894718cea74f032508389cbc3e0.JPG

21 hours ago, topt said:

I left it with whatever latest iteration is for Win 7 - not planning on this pc to move to win 10. I don't think they will stop it for win 7 for a good few years but obviously you won't have access to any new features.

Also just had this pop up when I checked on my laptop (as could not remember what if any action I took ????)

1732759444_lineCapture.JPG.82825894718cea74f032508389cbc3e0.JPG

Thanks "topt" have this message every time I open LINE in the morning, have gone through all the changes to make, sounds pretty complicated OR just not 100% clear what  you can and can't do.

My family in UK use Whatsapp only Thai contacts use LINE.

• 1 month later...