Last year Khon Kaen waived the requirement for bank letter when applying for annual extension (retirement, money in bank)

Mine is due 4th of May, and a 90 day report is due 2nd of April.

Given the regrettable state of online reporting now, and having been told 2 years ago by a captain that they accept renewals up to 45 days early, it seems like a plan to combine the two in one physical visit. I won't bitch about the stairs, but will jump at the opportunity to only face them once.

Does anyone know if the bank letter requirement is back in force in Khon Kaen? High COVID sensitivity then.

It would be nice if I could arrive at Immigration on the ring road, but would have to go into city centre to get the bank letter. I can update the deposit account bank book at the BUM (or whatever the acronym for that machine next to the ATM) in Namphong, but a letter is beyond their competence. Kasikorn.

Thanks.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Mahtin where do you get the idea from that KK do not require the bank letter?

Been doing my retirement extension at KK for 9 years now, and they have required the bank letter every year, also this year they demanded bank letter, and a 12 month bank statement also.

Well, last year I didn't, because they were running at high hysteria level about COVID, the banks not wanting any non-essential custom, KK Immi accepted just the updated passbook. But that was then, late April last year.

Thanks for the heads-up, mate, and will be sure to have both updated books. Appreciated.

4 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Trust you are aware it usually takes a week to order a 12-month statement.

Smells to me like just that particular officer had that bee in bonnet, but will be going early anyway.

Wasn't aware though, never had the need. Thanks.

Stairs at KhonKaen  NO PROBLEM

My wife goes up I stay in the car on the disabled spot, do this for 90 day also annual extension when they come to me and take my photo, wife does the rest

very easy

thank you KK immigration

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Surprised the bank gave your wife a statement of your account without you being there.. 

You have been a member on here 10 years, yet you say you are surprised the bank gave my wife a statement of my account without me being there.

You must not follow things on here if that surprises you.

As i have said many times on here my wife does all my banking and immigration matters, due to me being paraplegic.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 6:48 AM, colinneil said:

You have been a member on here 10 years, yet you say you are surprised the bank gave my wife a statement of my account without me being there.

You must not follow things on here if that surprises you.

As i have said many times on here my wife does all my banking and immigration matters, due to me being paraplegic.

I follow things quite closely but didn't know you are a paraplegic. I now understand why the banks allow your wife to do your banking without yo being there...

• Like 1