Bacalod Philippines (I'm addicted to the annoying voice of a Bacolod vlogger)

Jingthing

Yes, the Philippines is closed for now but we can watch videos.

I've been watching a lot of Bacalod, Negros videos lately but I find I'm addicted to one in particular. 

He doesn't show his face, he rides around on a bike, but what really makes him stand out is his incredibly distinctive and ANNOYING voice.

I can't get enough of it!

Not sure if you're gonna thank me or curse me, but here you go:

Channel info

Asia@Night - YouTube

Video where you here his voice a lot:

Video where a local recognizes the guy by his voice!

BTW it occurs to me if I did move to the Philippines that riding the jeepneys would make riding the Pattaya baht buses seem like child's play.

Well this was a dud.

I was curious if others found that vlogger both annoying and addictive as I do.

But more seriously I think riding around with that character probably provides a pretty good feel for what Bacalod is like. 

Has anyone here spent time there?

Overall it appears to be quite big and spread out. Not as much as Davao of course.

I'm wondering if its a place that could work out well without a car or bike. 

I assume maybe so in more central areas but its kind of hard to tell from the videos as he's focused on biking all over the place.

Edited by Jingthing

• 3 months later...

Bacolod does seem quite decent. However, a top priority for me is not needing any kind of vehicle. I don't think that would be practical living in Bacolod. Iloilo City is probably somewhat more viable for that.

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Bacolod does seem quite decent. However, a top priority for me is not needing any kind of vehicle. I don't think that would be practical living in Bacolod. Iloilo City is probably somewhat more viable for that.

Would having a driver/motorcycle courier on hand/on a retainer not be an option? The vlogger has an accent from somewhere in the Birmingham/Black country region of UK if I'm not mistaken, no doubt been outside the UK for some time.................... His voice is certainly different, but not so annoying IMO (I'd get used to it very quickly) that I didn't check out a couple of his vids.....................................I like his easy going style, 'in the now' footage and at times fun uplifting music, quite a unique style really.................................................

40 minutes ago, bojo said:

Would having a driver/motorcycle courier on hand/on a retainer not be an option? The vlogger has an accent from somewhere in the Birmingham/Black country region of UK if I'm not mistaken, no doubt been outside the UK for some time.................... His voice is certainly different, but not so annoying IMO (I'd get used to it very quickly) that I didn't check out a couple of his vids.....................................I like his easy going style, 'in the now' footage and at times fun uplifting music, quite a unique style really.................................................

What I really want is walkability. Like being able to walk to 90 percent of my typical needs. 

Yes I find his voice annoying but in an entertaining hilarious way. It's probably the main reason that I watch his videos. Of course I don't have the context of recognizing his regional accent. I also get a kick out of the opening music and the mystery of never seeing his face.

Try out Philly in the Philippines for a look at an American married to a Pinays life in Angeles City.

Not what you might think. Travels around with his wife Lot and gives reviews of the places they visit and how life can be for an ex pat

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What I really want is walkability. Like being able to walk to 90 percent of my typical needs.

I hear you..................Electric scooters and bikes also a great addition to ones arsenal urbanwise..............a consideration peut etre.............