Getting Married in Thailand after previous Divorce in Thailand

phanganlad

Good evening all - long time lurker listener and learner, finally I have an issue I’d love advice on )))

I’m from the UK and legally married a Russian lass here three years ago, then we divorced quickly. I’d been married & divorced back in uk and had to obTain the freedom to marry thing and have it translated etc before that marriage.

So, given that the divorce was in Thai at the amphur on the island I live, and I want to marry again, is this divorce certificate in thai good enough as proof of being single, or do I have to go up the embassy again and go through the MFA etc? Seems silly as I haven’t been in uk, and it won’t be on their records. Thanks in advance ! ????????????

16 minutes ago, phanganlad said:

So, given that the divorce was in Thai at the amphur on the island I live, and I want to marry again, is this divorce certificate in thai good enough as proof of being single,

I would say yes but best go local govt office and ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was going to suggest if you are just getting an amphur wedding and keeping it simple. Take what you have with you but be ready and have fiancée understand that she might have to make a trip to Bangkok with you lol  

Have your horneymoon before the wedding lol

• Like 1