Bann Chang

bkkmadness

My mate's in BKK at the moment and off to Patters soon but was thinking of stopping at Bann Chang because he met some guy in a bar the other day who said it had a nice bit of nightlife and was worth visiting.

So is it worth visiting, many bars there? Anything else worth doing there?

Edited by bkkmadness

Never been there myself from my understanding it's a bit like Soi 6 in Patters. :D

Closed? :D

Being a good upstanding expat from Bangkok you'll have to tell me is being like Soi 6 good or bad? :o

S/T bars :D

Course bad/good depends on how you feel about such establishments. BTW there is a library, dive shop and some great english style pubs in Soi6. :D

I just spoke to him, he said Soi 6 is one he avoids in Patters coz he likes the beer bars more, bit more of a LT guy than a ST guy. He's gonna pop down there on the way to check it out anyways I think.

Cheers for the info Brit.

Edited by bkkmadness

Cheers for the info Brit, that's pretty much all I need to know. As long as there is a library he'll be fine. :o

I was referring to Soi 6 in regards to library, dive shop, and english style pubs. I have no clue what respectable establishments Bann Chang has to offer. :D

I worked that out and edited my post! He's certainly not looking for anything respectable.

And shock horror even respectable bkkmadness may be visiting Patters next week. I will start a topic on 'What are the best temples to visit' soon.

If Davethailand still doing TV member discounts down the Blues Factory? :o

There's one strip of maybe 20 bars....from rather decent to rather not-so-decent.

For hotel, at the back side of the bars is a not-so-bad hotel (the Chang Inn), about 400 Baht a night.

For seafood, go down to the beach, turn right until you hit the Rongsom Restaurant. Best deal in the area!

And shock horror even respectable bkkmadness may be visiting Patters next week. I will start a topic on 'What are the best temples to visit' soon.

:o The end of the world is coming BKK is heading to Patters. :D

Him and about 100,000 of his Bkk neighbours !

Hope the traffic isn't backed up too bad, or you'll end up arriving just in time to turn around and head back ! :D

Ban Chang is about 30-40 minute drive from Pattaya, the beach there is a lot nicer than Pattaya, one strip of about 20-25 bars of which there are about 3 where you could take your wife in. In terms of quality some of the bars there make soi 6 look like the ritz.

I worked that out and edited my post! He's certainly not looking for anything respectable.

If Davethailand still doing TV member discounts down the Blues Factory? :D

That would be good if you did, would be nice to meet at the piss up - if there is one

Myself and now banned TV member (name withheld) :o will be going to Drunk n Darelicks on Friday night, anyone else welcome to come along.

A bit of info on Ban Chang.

Ban Chang kicks off at 1pm until mid-night.

Like most places there’s a mixed bag of bars some good, some not so good and some just plain <deleted>.

In some bars you will hear the words “want go the couch” and if you accept could find yourself with xxx number of ladies taking care of your bodily needs.

A good eating house on the strip is the Camel bar and restaurant owned by a couple of English guys, good affordable nosh.

Most of the working ladies don’t start work until around 3-4pm.

At the end of the day Ban Chang is a strip of bars in a Soi like many others with beer bars and available ladies.

Like Soi 6 in Pattaya it is aimed mostly at S/T customers but L/T is also available.

Check out pattayatalk.com and look at the FLB bar crawl days out to Ban Chang complete with photos of local working girls.

Ban Chang is worth an afternoon visit with a few of the lads, hire a Songteaw for the afternoon and arrive about 3pm with an “up to you” departure time.

Enjoy your day.