Travel to Chiangmai in the era of covid

sbaker8688

I am planning to try to come to Thailand.  Is the overnight train ride from Bangkok to Chiangmai still available in the era of covid?  A more basic question... is it even possible to travel to Chaingmai from outside Chiangmai, or do they have the place sealed off?

Thanks.

Playground was just closed today.     Lots of parking at the Meechok Plazq.

Maybe they will not call this a lockdown.     Just won't be anywhere to go , except shopping.

Suicide rate will greatly increase if the internet goes down 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sbaker8688 said:

What is the CM Chana app, and can I access it via notebook computer, or does it have to be by smart phone?

MorChana app on Google Play or Apple <deleted>

Edited by canthai55

If you're coming to Thailand you will need to do all the prep - COE, insurance, COVID test, booking ASQ hotel, etc. And you will quarantine in BKK for 7, 10, or 14 days (this is a changing situation now. I quarantined for 7 days because I was vaccinate.) When completed, you will have a letter from the hotel saying you completed quarantine and that you have test negative (because they WILL test you).

After BKK quarantine, if you do not go directly to Chiang Mai by air, and you pass through other provinces, you will have to quarantine again for 14 days. Friends of mine are doing that now. Enforcement doesn't seem strict but it is the regulation and you never know when a crackdown might begin.

I'm not sure these are the times you want to be in a train with others nearby for 10 hours.

I registered with CM-CHANA online at the website. 

Best of luck.

Edited by ebourquin