Singapore Non Imm. "o" Multi

Hello All,

Here is the latest updated info in getting a 1 year Multi Non Imm. "O" based on being married to a Thai.

Got to the Embassy at 8am. Opens at 915am - 1130am. 4th in line. Show guard passport, they take the immagration card and give you a visitors badge and your passport back. Enter the building and take a number and a visa application. Called to window, lady asked for a copy of my latest bank statement (Wanted to see that I had more than 400,000 baht - I gave her a printed copy of my HSBC Offshore Account), copy of my wives ID, 1 passport photo, 220 Singapore dollars. Gave me a reciept and said pick up your passport and visa tomorrow at 2pm.

Took all of 15 minutes once I was in building.

Thanks to all who gave me the advice.

Hi RPL,

The embassy only asked for bank statement and wife Thai ID? Do they ask for marriage certificate and house registration (tabian baan)?

Thank you.

When I got mine a couple of weeks ago , they only wanted the marriage certificate and the bank statement . I had copies of ID card and Tabian bahn , but they said I allready had given them enough . They have a form to fill out there and take a glue stick to stick a passport size photo on to it .

I arrived at 9:00 which is supposed to be the opening time and there was about 50 people waiting in front of me . they process them quite quickly though and waited about 1 1/2 hours . Picked up the visa at 2pm the next afternoon .

They are very delightful to talk to , and as long as you have the required documents , you should have no trouble . I would say take everything you can think of , just in case the mood changes .

Cheers ,

Jim .

I'm just curious if you have gotten the same visa before from Singapore.  I have received 4 or 5 non immigrant o visas from Singapore with just the marriage certificate, picture and the 220 Sing $.  Is the asking of bank statement new, or did you have to show that in years past in your case.

Edited by steelepulse

The 400K that needs to be shown, I believe, has just been a requirement introduced a few months ago. I got one last October with just the marrage cert. After the new visa exempt entry rules tightened up, the Sing Embassy also tightened up the requirements of issuing 1 year Non O visas, and I believe the new 400K requirement was a result of this.

Thanks aussiestyle1983.

On a side note, I was hoping to fill out the paperwork for the non immigrant o visa before going there, but I can't seem to find the right form here on the site.  Any idea where I can find a from so I can print out and fill out here before going to Sing?

The 400K that needs to be shown, I believe, has just been a requirement introduced a few months ago. I got one last October with just the marrage cert. After the new visa exempt entry rules tightened up, the Sing Embassy also tightened up the requirements of issuing 1 year Non O visas, and I believe the new 400K requirement was a result of this.

Does 1 year multiple O mean you must leave and reenter every 90 days? (but are guarateed reentry.

or

You can stay 1 year and leave and enter as many times as you wish?

As many 90 day visits in 1 year as you like.

You are required to leave the country atleast every 90 days.

Get to the embassy early and have a word with the gate guard. he will give you an application form. There is a starbucks opposite and up the road a bit. Fill it out there. Saves the hassle of getting it on the way into the embassy.

Get to the embassy early and have a word with the gate guard. he will give you an application form. There is a starbucks opposite and up the road a bit. Fill it out there. Saves the hassle of getting it on the way into the embassy.

Nice one. Thanks for the tip. I will be there next week.. Been 3 years in a row now and haven't picked up on that trick yet.. :o

Couple years ago the Singapore Embassy accepted income verification from your Embassy as a proof of funds/income. Is this still accepted or is it now only the proof of 400K in a Thai Bank which is accepted!

Based on the quote from the OP, it would appear that showing the funds should be enough whether in Thailand or not.

>> Called to window, lady asked for a copy of my latest bank statement (Wanted to see that I had more than 400,000 baht - I gave her a printed copy of my HSBC Offshore Account)

Couple years ago the Singapore Embassy accepted income verification from your Embassy as a proof of funds/income. Is this still accepted or is it now only the proof of 400K in a Thai Bank which is accepted!

Nice one. Thanks for the tip. I will be there next week.. Been 3 years in a row now and haven't picked up on that trick yet.. :o

I have tried scanning and attaching a copy , hope it loads ok .

It was my first time . an overseas account is acceptable .

Cheers .

Untitled.pdf

Cheers and thanks for that Thumchok.  My printout of your scan looks great.

Cheers .

Cheers .

Thanks very much Thumchok. It loads fine. Owe you a beer whenever you are in Chiang Mai. :D

Nice one. Thanks for the tip. I will be there next week.. Been 3 years in a row now and haven't picked up on that trick yet.. :D

Cheers .

Thanks very much Thumchok. It loads fine. Owe you a beer whenever you are in Chiang Mai. :D

No worries , Might take you up on that beer in a few months :o

Great information but can someone clarify the following:

Are there any problems with the questions

1. Dates of last visits to Thailand

2. Purpose of visit

3. Duration of proposed stay.

4. Guarantor and address in Singapore

5. Guarantor and address in Thailand

I know there probably are none but if a successful applicant can answer how they answered these questions it would sort of complete the circle as far as this location and type of visa is concerned.

I've never had any worries with any of those questions.  If I looked at all my past visa applications, the answers would probably not look the same for those questions :o

Great information but can someone clarify the following:

Are there any problems with the questions

1. Dates of last visits to Thailand

2. Purpose of visit

3. Duration of proposed stay.

4. Guarantor and address in Singapore

5. Guarantor and address in Thailand

I know there probably are none but if a successful applicant can answer how they answered these questions it would sort of complete the circle as far as this location and type of visa is concerned.