New Coup Rumors For Real?

danone

or do certain groups give certain spins again?

i consider a new coup as highly unlikely - but what do i know?

anybody with a better feeling about it?

It will happen on Wednesday the 30th/Thursday 31st May.

I intend to fly out on the 27th... :o

Hmmm. How tiresome. Another coup. Will it even make the international press this time? Can't they try something different, like an election? Or maybe a really big Chinese circus? With panda bears?

Is this going to one of those Hey, Meet the New General, Same as the Old General kind of dealies?

Edited by Jingthing

IMHO there is a better than 50/50 chance for another coup..Yes the ruling on May 30th could certainly set off some very large civil protests that may need to be suppressed which could cause the need for another coup...

But I still believe that the junta leaders have serious doubts that they can charge Toxin with anything that even remotely can be believed by the masses of common folks that are the backbone of the TRT. And if they can't pin something on him and convict him before the scheduled election, there has to be another coup, because if the election was held, his TRT party(even under a new name) will carry the north..and have control of the govt again.

I just don't see Toxin sitting in England and going to a soccer game every weekend for the rest of his life..

do you know roughly what time the tanks will appear? I need some good photos for the Daily Mirror!

:D

IMHO there is a better than 50/50 chance for another coup..Yes the ruling on May 30th could certainly set off some very large civil protests that may need to be suppressed which could cause the need for another coup...

But I still believe that the junta leaders have serious doubts that they can charge Toxin with anything that even remotely can be believed by the masses of common folks that are the backbone of the TRT. And if they can't pin something on him and convict him before the scheduled election, there has to be another coup, because if the election was held, his TRT party(even under a new name) will carry the north..and have control of the govt again.

I just don't see Toxin sitting in England and going to a soccer game every weekend for the rest of his life..

Toxin did change some of the laws to fit him, just as many of his predecessors have done during the last 70 years.

Guess the present junta can (and will) do the same then, and voila, they can get Toxin on whatever they want.

rgds

Sailor

ok, so which is it? Surayud says no coup but defense chief declares possibility of coup

Thailand Dismisses Threat Of Another Coup

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007408738

I have found it!!! :D

The junta's official song:

in

out

shake it all about.

Do the Hokey-Cokey and you turn around

That's what it's all about.

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

Knees bent

arms stretched

rah

rah

rah.

Put your right leg in

your right leg out

In

out

in

out

shake it all about. . . .

Put your left arm in

your left arm out

In

out

in

out

Put your right arm in

your right arm out

In

out

in

out

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

Knees bent

arms stretched

rah

rah

rah.

Put your whole self in

your whole self out

In

out

in

out

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

Knees bent

arms stretched

rah

rah

rah.

All together now? :D:o:D:D

I don't see how anyone could claim it will be like the 1992 incident. This military coup was led by someone who is close to His Majesty and that Black May incident was severely denounced by the monarchy. So why would it happen again? Probably not.

Another coup, possible. Why? Well I think most are referring to the fact that TRT is expected to be dissolved around the end of May by a court. This will somehow lead to a coup according to some due to the unrest likely to be caused. I think the Democrat party is in danger also.

I have no idea. Thailand could certainly be increasingly seen in the international world as largely regressing and becoming more like it's Myanmar neighbor if a return to democracy isn't seen by 2008. But in practice, no matter what happens, it will still be a much more open country than the old Burma.

Edited by Jimjim

the remaining influence of TRT is overestimated.

and court procedures against thaksin proceed, albeit slowly. he obviously gets nervous. the whole manchester city thingy is a setup to divert attention.

which sane football club wants itself to be bought by a disgraced leader who couldnt even properly explain where the money comes from?

so, if thaksin really gets pushed over the brink, maybe in a last attempt to save himself it will be less costly for him to finance an instigation/coup.

lots of people lost lot of money with the coup. they dont want to lose even more.

if the junta just would speed up things ...

It will be my luck to happen just as I arrive ;-)

Is it a holiday in Thailand on the 31st?

Its a Buddha holiday in Singapore - Visak Day

I don't see how anyone could claim it will be like the 1992 incident. This military coup was led by someone who is close to His Majesty and that Black May incident was severely denounced by the monarchy. So why would it happen again? Probably not.

Another coup, possible. Why? Well I think most are referring to the fact that TRT is expected to be dissolved around the end of May by a court. This will somehow lead to a coup according to some due to the unrest likely to be caused. I think the Democrat party is in danger also.

I have no idea. Thailand could certainly be increasingly seen in the international world as largely regressing and becoming more like it's Myanmar neighbor if a return to democracy isn't seen by 2008. But in practice, no matter what happens, it will still be a much more open country than the old Burma.

Well without getting into things we can not talk about I do think it is early to be talking in the same language as May 92 just now.

Another coup in terms of the current PM being removed and Sonthi appointed is not without possiblity though - use of the term crisis anyone (they might say economic but thats another thread) ;-)))

the remaining influence of TRT is overestimated.

and court procedures against thaksin proceed, albeit slowly. he obviously gets nervous. the whole manchester city thingy is a setup to divert attention.

which sane football club wants itself to be bought by a disgraced leader who couldnt even properly explain where the money comes from?

so, if thaksin really gets pushed over the brink, maybe in a last attempt to save himself it will be less costly for him to finance an instigation/coup.

lots of people lost lot of money with the coup. they dont want to lose even more.

if the junta just would speed up things ...

Well the money came from Temasek who bought the Shin Group???

If you listen to Man City supporters on phone in's live Radio 5 606 and other postings they seem excited that Thaksin might buy the club and the talk of a genuine world class manager plus new players.

Yes I agree Thaksin might be buying the club to keep his profile up - the EPL is massive worldwide and one of the reasons American big money is flowing in too (as well as Russian and Icelandic) - it has a worldwide audience like no other sport

Then it might not be a bad investment either - look at how much the price of other clubs have gone up.

Thaksin might have made a shrewd move here but we need to see the colour of his money first

ok, so which is it? Surayud says no coup but defense chief declares possibility of coup

Thailand Dismisses Threat Of Another Coup

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007408738

I have found it!!! :D

The junta's official song:

in

out

shake it all about.

Do the Hokey-Cokey and you turn around

That's what it's all about.

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

Knees bent

arms stretched

rah

rah

rah.

Put your right leg in

your right leg out

In

out

in

out

Put your left arm in

your left arm out

In

out

in

out

Put your right arm in

your right arm out

In

out

in

out

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

Knees bent

arms stretched

rah

rah

rah.

Put your whole self in

your whole self out

In

out

in

out

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

I like Cokey

Knees bent

arms stretched

rah

rah

rah.

All together now? :D:o:D:D

:bah: And don't forget the little dance that goes with it - "One step forward Three steps back - One step forward Three steps back - One step forward Three steps back"

(they might say economic but thats another thread) ;-)))

At least we can expect the Thai Baht to strengthen even more after another coup. :o

LOL - lets not go there ;-)

As long as the bar's, clubs, shops and restaurants are open for my long weekend ;-)

Thaksin wanted to buy Liverpool a couple of years ago (with taxpayer's money) as they seem to be the most popular EPL club with Thai fans. He is maintaining his profile and publicity at a high level whatever his real intentions with Man City FC.

Btw, buying EPL clubs with plundered money in nothing new. Look at Abramovich, etc. The guy is laundering money through the transfer market, paying distorted prices for players, etc. The new world order. :o

What do you mean 'another coup'... At any time they like, Sonthi / Prem can just inform Surayud that he doesn't have to come to work on Monday, thank you for your services, and that'll be it. So keep that in mind, everyone contemplating making a killing on selling flowers to stick on tanks.

Edited by chanchao

What do you mean 'another coup'... At any time they like, Sonthi / Prem can just inform Surayud that he doesn't have to come to work on Monday, thank you for your services, and that'll be it. So keep that in mind, everyone contemplating making a killing on selling flowers to stick on tanks.

Thats what I can see as you said above rather than a Black May situation as some would like to see so they could say told you so.

Is it a holiday in Thailand on the 31st?

Its a Buddha holiday in Singapore - Visak Day

Yes, it's a public holiday on the 31st - Visakha Bucha Day.

Thanks for the confirmation - when I saw it was a Buddha holiday here I did suspect it would be in Thailand too.

Probably no new shirts or glasses made this trip then.

Thats what I can see as you said above rather than a Black May situation as some would like to see so they could say told you so.

Oh, a Black May type of scenario may still happen after that at some stage. :o The main decider there will be if the military will stall the constitution drafting or election process. And I don't think anyone would get any joy out of seeing that happen.

Oh, a Black May type of scenario may still happen after that at some stage. :o The main decider there will be if the military will stall the constitution drafting or election process. And I don't think anyone would get any joy out of seeing that happen.

Yes but the forces do not seem to be bult up for that to happen May 30/31st this year as Tud gleefully pronounces.