View Talay 6

Lazy Sod

I'm mainly at home in Bangkok these days, but have been thinking of getting a small pad in Pattaya for the occasional break. Considering the worsening traffic in Pattaya I've had an eye on the VT6 on Beach Road, the plus points (to me) are great location, great prices per m2 and a semi-reputable developer. Let's face it, there are not many better locations if you want to walk to the best hotels, shopping centres and nightlife. I'm concerned that (as it's a long and thin building) most units are at the sides, with vacant strips of land on both sides. It almost seems as if as soon as VT6 is sold out VT will launch identical projects either side destroying whatever sea view you had (unless you buy one of the few front units). What do you Pattaya based guys know/think about VT6? I've looked at other projects and whilst Northshore/Northpoint are undeniably a bit better quality I"m not sure they are worth double the price per m2, especially considering the good location of VT6.

VT is building projects all over Pattaya and Jomtien. There are no guarantee's about views, see the long thread about the Jomtien Owners Sue for Sea View ( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113118 ). The sea view appears to be important to you so why not buy a front corner unit? All VT projects are shells so you must do your own build-out which of course increases the total cost per m2. I think the location is great and would be quite comfortable living there.

Edited by ThaiBob

Is VT6 200 meters back from the seashore? If it isn't it could run into same problem as VT7. We are all waiting for the Admin Court's decision on whether or not VT7 is legal. It does seem that Jomthien Complex and its lawyer, AsiaWorks, have a very good case - nothing over 14 metres can be built within 200 meters of the seashore.

As I understand it there are two different View Talays in Pattaya - one a Thai company that does mid end shell condos and one a german company that has done the villas, high mid end fully fitted condos and the lunatic Ocean Tower project (me thinks those farangs have been in Pattaya a little too long).

Can anyone explain the exact relationship?