Yingluck’s hope for a democratic revival with new charter

webfact

2 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

all she did was to be stupid.

There's that old rule not to attribute to malice what can be easily explained by stupidity, but I'm not sure she deserves the benefit of the doubt; and the results look to be the same anyway... and unending.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Quite ironic, considering that her morally bankrupt party is the one who stole the election from the people, and denied duly elected Pita the right to govern, and installed the spectacularly incompetent stooge PM, while jumping into bed with the army, which was the last thing in the world the people of Thailand wanted, after 9 disastrous years under ChaCha. 

Silly me. There was I thinking that the appointed by the military coup government under a constitution written expressly for that purpose purpose, and rammed through parliament, were the ones who stopped Pita forming the government.

It seems that everybody else is right and I am wrong.

I have been wrong before, but I have been right more times than I have been wrong.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, BobBKK said:

She needs to understand what is meant by "full democracy", which includes FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Did you mean the same freedom of speech and democracy that was so generously given by Prayuth and his illegal military coup government?

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Enzian said:

There's that old rule not to attribute to malice what can be easily explained by stupidity, but I'm not sure she deserves the benefit of the doubt; and the results look to be the same anyway... and unending.

When little miss pretty was chasing her political dream of following Thakkis footsteps, does anyone remember her huge posters of electioneering, waving a Samsung Galaxy Notebook in the air?

"One for every student in Thailand" was her battle cry!

What they got was a typically cheap, measly unsupported, badly-made copy of some Chinese garbage. Thousands of them arrived - late, of course........

Most of the cheapy 'tablets' died within months of delivery, no supporting technology, most schools without the electricity/internet services to run them and no manufacturer's guarantee of maintenance an all the other related issues. The kids played games on them!

Oh, and the rice disaster. Massive pilfering from the hundreds of rice warehouses nationwide and the sale of cheap foreign rice as 'Jasmine' Thai rice - at those prices.

Remember? I do.

Yup! Let's return to Shinawatra democracy, Yay!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

my favorite stupid moment

In a meeting in Laos, Yingluck misread the part of her speech where she was supposed to say "thank you, thank you, thank you", but instead said, "Thank you three times!"

her best bet ..   stick to being a cheerleader for the buffalo races

I doubt she will ever be in a senior role in Govt again for the reasons you said.  Back then when it all broke she was clearly 'lost' and it seemed to me that she had been taken advantage of by other Thais who always seem to get away with those sort of things.   

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

Didn't the Constitutional Court already rule that changing the constitution was unconstitutional?

Well she's at least right in saying that Thailand could do with a new charter.

The notion of building a real democracy under the fascist-written constitution run by the fascists' flunky judges is too ridiculous for words.

The democrats, the people, the true reformers have to get the balls to defy the CC and the EC and the generals. And noone should assume that the entire Army is against democracy. Far from it.

The main problem is the general passivity of the people, well inculcated with Buddhist despair.

• Thumbs Up 1