Why so many Effeminate Men in Thailand

Posted (edited)

My colleagues and I have often speculated on the reasons for the comparatively high numbers of image.jpeg.6effc20b9d21efee180334f03e3ebf1d.jpegwomanly men in Thailand. What do you think are the reasons?

Edited by Angus55
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Most don't have that masculine personality. I have not seen many John Wayne's here.

The exceptions were the guys who did leatherwork in the North around Chiang Mai, making wallets, saddles, belts and such, or handmade silver jewelry. Other exceptions are metalheads and those into hard rock music.

Everyone else comes across as kind of "girly" from my Usa perspective. Kind of a lack of character or edge is the best I can describe it.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

The concept of a square go doesnt exist here, unfortunately.

Thais don't fight to win. They fight to injure or at worse to maim

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Sounds like personal experience? Ladyboy kicked your ass then mate?

Personal experience indeed. But a mate of mine who got 7 bells of <deleted> kicked out of him by a dozen Thais ( not femboys) Not me, for I am easy going and would never condone violence. 

The lady's are getting MUCH BIGGER while the men are maintaining their small size. The men understand pure mass and the laws of gravity. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

And he probably deserved it. Brit or Aussie?

A Brit. He totally deserved it. Drunk and very disrespectful. Lucky to survive. However that was 30 years ago. Hes now happily married with kids to a Thai and living sober here. So happy endings are possible.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Sounds like personal experience? Ladyboy kicked your ass then mate?

Why would you assume that his comment about Thai people ganging up on others meant he had been attacked by a lone ladyboy?  That makes zero sense.

57 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Would you mess with men that you found effeminate?

I dont mess with anybody. Life is too much fun

• Agree 1

In  a country where ( most)  of the Women are  very attractive,  and the Men so  unattractive, not good looking at all 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Stocky said:

Religion plays a significant part in that. Beliefs that include reincarnation are more tolerant, as it allows for some ambiguity. Whereas the Abrahamic religions don't, 'god created man and woman' has no room for ambiguity.

But I thought biology that creates male and female was the determinate in order to procreate the species (or population - notice how they are falling around the world including especially, Japan, Korea, Thailand and China).  I for one do not know, and basically I don't care one way or the other as long as they don't bother me.  Live and let live is my motto but some people seem to think that it obviously means something different from what I feel.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

But I thought biology that creates male and female was the determinate in order to procreate the species (or population - notice how they are falling around the world including especially, Japan, Korea, Thailand and China). 

Mammalian biology is indeed quite specific, you need a male and a female to create offspring.

• Haha 1

My Thai (100% Chinese) wife claims that Thai men are cowards and p🐈. One thing (or so she claims) is that Thai men will always use their woman for some benefit.

When she was younger she only dated Chinese.

When she got older obviously the Chinese men stopped being interested, so she got stuck with a Farang like myself.

• Haha 1

I think it is because all male TV actors wear lipstick. You might say "Ahhh lipstick never did a boy any harm".....but it might be the thin edge of the wedge for some impressionable boys. Start with lipstick and end up as a lady boy. You cannot be too careful.

And don't get me started but look at all the 'boy bands'....not a toxic male anywhere to be seen, handbag wearing, made up tarts.