Tot In The Last 2 Months..?

thai4u

I know that have a lot of complain about the internet service,and its true.. I have them line for 1 and half year.

But my question is : does somebody felt a problem especielly since 1st April? Its almost impossible for me to work with their line.

Its on-off-on-off.

Its not a modem problem everything is fine with hardware and configerations.

I have TT&T also and I seriously consider to give up on the ToT line as it will be the second bill (1070 B internet + 100 B telephone line) that I pay for NOTHING!!

I had a lot of stress and almost "heart attacks" from their service and especiely their attitude its ashame.

answers like: "you already pay cheap" ,"ok I send technician to check","blank smiles"..

Actualy their best solution is that I will stop be their costumer and therefor PROBLEM SOLVED. :o

In the west they will not servive 1 year in the business. ASHAME!!

I have exactly the same problem. It seems to get worse sometimes, and better at others. I didn't have any problems at 5am - 6:30am this morning for example.

Problem: I load a website. 50% chance it doesn't work. When it doesn't work, I get "connecting to..." forever. I then hit reload until I see "connected to.." and "transferring data.. " in the Firefox status bar and from that point on the page loads normal.

Some people have suggested that it's a DNS problem and can be fixed by using OpenDNS DNS servers. Haven't tested it myself. Give it a try www.opendns.com....

I agree that the problem seems to have started about April 1st, it's been going on for a while now. Today it seems pretty fine though.

I have two main issues with my (TOT) phone line and TOT Internet:

Daily between approx. 6 and 10 pm the line is practically dead. The modem connects, loses connection, connects again, etc.

During other times there is an almost constant time-out while connecting to Webpages. Same as described above. Can't say it started at April 1st, I think I have the problems for longer, but not sure. Yesterday I tried to Connect with CSLoxinfo the other day (this works great at home!) and had the same problems, so it must be related to their server side modems. I am off to TT&T tomorrow. Good bye TOT.

Sunny

This is why I cancelled my TOT ADSL connection. It only worked every other day, and then perhaps for just a few hours at a time. When I complained about their service, I was told quite rudely that If I wasn't happy I could cancel anytime I wanted.... So much for customer care!

geoffphuket

The performance of TOT ADSL has gone down dramatically. Especially in the daytime and early evening it's slow, connects after a couple of clicks, but fortunately only a real dropout (<30 min) per week.

Late evening until early morning such problems don't exist. Fast downloads (web/FTP).

This let me conclude that the network is overloaded and bandwidth during the times given above is not sufficient.

All in one .... still workable ....

PS OpenDNS doesn't solve the problem .... maybe DNS is a little faster, but connections slow as ever.

I know that have a lot of complain about the internet service,and its true.. I have them line for 1 and half year.

But my question is : does somebody felt a problem especielly since 1st April? Its almost impossible for me to work with their line.

Its on-off-on-off.

Its not a modem problem everything is fine with hardware and configerations.

I have TT&T also and I seriously consider to give up on the ToT line as it will be the second bill (1070 B internet + 100 B telephone line) that I pay for NOTHING!!

I had a lot of stress and almost "heart attacks" from their service and especiely their attitude its ashame.

answers like: "you already pay cheap" ,"ok I send technician to check","blank smiles"..

Actualy their best solution is that I will stop be their costumer and therefor PROBLEM SOLVED. :D

In the west they will not servive 1 year in the business. ASHAME!!

same problem with Maxnet "Premier Service" (TT&T) since may. rather stable during the day but most of the time completely OFF from 19.00 - 06.00 hours.

:o

Edited by Dr. Naam

Problem: I load a website. 50% chance it doesn't work. When it doesn't work, I get "connecting to..." forever. I then hit reload until I see "connected to.." and "transferring data.. " in the Firefox status bar and from that point on the page loads normal.

Some people have suggested that it's a DNS problem and can be fixed by using OpenDNS DNS servers. Haven't tested it myself. Give it a try www.opendns.com....

I have the same problems. It depends on the time of day. Early mornings work fine for me.

Firefox states 'Looking up ...' when it makes a DNS access. Then 'Conneting to ...' after it got the IP-address from the DNS and tries to connect to the web server. I have the impression, that this requests get lost often. Once it passes this stage, it usually works (status 'waiting for...' or 'transfering data from ...', 'reading ...' etc).

From my understanding of networks, this looks like a problem in a filter or firewall. May be an overload problem.

I tried an other DNS once when the TOT DNS was down. This does not solve the above problem at all.

Regards

Thedi

PS: I use Mac OSX.

thedi, sniffdog: You are right, OpenDNS doesn't solve the problem, I tried. So it's not a DNS issue.

Overloaded lines sounds like the most likely explanation since the problem disappears at night (when usage is low).

Now the price question: Does anyone know if a TOT business line would fix this problem?

I am not sure there are other DSL providers where I live... TOT has been pretty good for me until this problem appeared a few months ago. :o

I went to CSLoxinfo store in Pattaya. They gave me a temporary Password (valid for 5 hours) to try their connection.

In short, the problems remained the same. Timeouts, timeouts, timeouts. Download (HTTP, FTP and Torrent) good. And no connection between approx. 6 and 10 pm.

It must be TOT Ports. If only I can get through to some technician there. They always promise me a return call, and never deliver. Their support staff (in case they pick up the phone) isn't able to comprehend.

PS: I have the same results with a total of three different modems, so it can't be the modem. And the line quality analyzer in my Zyxel Modem finds no line problems either.

Sunny

I got my first ADSL connected just after Songkran by TOT. I had to have the techy come out to the house to get it running. Turned out to be some problem at their end as he had to make several calls before it finally connected.

Before connecting the ADSL, TOT switched me to a new telephone number that they said would be closer to the terminal and much better. Although I do not get the advertised connection speeds it isn't bad and I have not had any downtime whatsoever (Sansai, Chiang Mai).

I have had all the problems listed above on my TOT line. My TT&T line at the office is very stable and much better so I installed a VPN between my home and office computer then installed Freeproxy on the office computer. Now I get a great fast service (except for the line drops) on my TOT line by using the TT&T line computer as a proxy server. All the sitres that never seemed to load, or loaded with errors now load instantly!

Chris