VFS Passport Appointments

What's up with VFS?

Tried to book an appointment this morning . Closed Monday 26th and Wednesday 28th for public holidays, and cannot give me a booking for August as they haven't opened their August appointments book yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it worth complaining to the Passport office.....very poor service!

It could be due to Bangkok being in a partial lockdown at this time. They be a shortage of personnel to do them.

If they had not canceled the holiday on the 27th it would of been 3 days they would be closed.

But they only process passports on Mondays and Wednesdays! So a whole week lost, and cannot make a booking beyond.  Are we likely to see closure like we did last year with no help available from the embassy or passport office for expats whose passports and visas expire

Some months ago, I was also told that I had applied too early, and someone on this Forum advised me to try again about three weeks before the date I wanted. However, it turned out that VFS staff had made a note of the dates I wanted and they wrote to me just as I was about to write to them. I think that they do a pretty good job in difficult circumstances.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Is it worth complaining to the Passport office.....very poor service!

Definitely! IMHO this is yet another example of the bl00dy shambles that is the dreaded With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience which HMPO in their infinite "wisdom" inflicted on us with no advance warning or justification in 2014.

• Like 1