Retin-A 0.05% tretinoin cream -- which is best?

david_je

Seems Bangkok pharmacies no longer carry the Janssen brand which I had been using. Now see some locally made generics including one called Acnetin-A made by Bangkok Lab & Cosmetic Co. How to choose? Anyone found any of these comparable in use to the Janssen? I use for general keeping skin in shape.

Thanks.

Tretinoin is a specific pharmaceutical with specific actions (on acne, wrinkles etc) which natural creams do not have.

Reverting to the OP: Any cream with the same percentage of Tretinoin should be fine.

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Tretinoin is a specific pharmaceutical with specific actions (on acne, wrinkles etc) which natural creams do not have.

Reverting to the OP: Any cream with the same percentage of Tretinoin should be fine.

Thank you, will get the cheapest then?

On related question, is there a list of reputable Thai drug manufacturers that one could go by when deciding which of several makes of the same drug to buy? 

10 hours ago, david_je said:

Thank you, will get the cheapest then?

On related question, is there a list of reputable Thai drug manufacturers that one could go by when deciding which of several makes of the same drug to buy? 

They are all considered reputable.

By the way, Olay Retinol contains Tretinoin  along with a number f moisturizing ingediants and I find it very effective. Better than plain retinol which tends to have a very drying effect.

With any retinol product, as you may know, need to avoid sun exposure

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

They are all considered reputable.

By the way, Olay Retinol contains Tretinoin  along with a number f moisturizing ingediants and I find it very effective. Better than plain retinol which tends to have a very drying effect.

With any retinol product, as you may know, need to avoid sun exposure

Is it Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Facial Moisturizer? Where is best place to buy? Thank you. 

8 hours ago, david_je said:

Is it Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Facial Moisturizer? Where is best place to buy? Thank you. 

Yes - I use the "Olay Regenrist Retinol 24 Night Moisturizer"

Readily available in Tesco Lotus, Big C, Tops etc and you can also find it on Lazada