BKK to UK - what you need to do and how much it costs?

clarky cat

9 minutes ago, jojothai said:

From 8th August you can now fly through UAE and Qatar to UK without needing hotel quarantine.
Govt just announced they move to amber on then.

Yes, Qatar owe me a flight as well but will have to wait until later in the year.

• Like 1

Did I see some speculation that the UK was going to move Thailand to the Red List today (August 5)?  That would mean a mandatory hotel quarantine for 10 days at a cost of £1,750.  For arrivals on or after 4am on August 12, I believe that is going up to £2,285.

8 minutes ago, KamnanT said:

Did I see some speculation that the UK was going to move Thailand to the Red List today (August 5)?  That would mean a mandatory hotel quarantine for 10 days at a cost of £1,750.  For arrivals on or after 4am on August 12, I believe that is going up to £2,285.

You may well have seen it but it didn't happen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KamnanT said:

As of today 5th Aug, Thailand still on amber list.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Under review and could change soon 

I understand that review and update was done yesterday and published over night. Go to the UK website and it shows who goes from Amber to Red, red to Amber etc. "Updated 4 August". Thailand has no change indicated yet,
However best to wait until end of today, so that you can be sure.

• Thanks 1

Thailand is still on the Amber list surprisingly.

You'll avoid paying a required quarantine hotel.

It can change fast.

Heres some prices below for a quarantine hotel when Thailand turns RED.

Screenshot_20210805-215327.jpg

23 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

where is this done at this price? to you have to quarantine to enter bkk?

I went to BKK yesterday for PCR at Medconsult, cost 2600, should get result later today. No problem going in or out of Bangkok

On 8/5/2021 at 6:57 AM, BLACKJACK2 said:

Just paid 14000bt KLM bkk to ncl, 3800bt PCR test, £99 for Day 2 & 8 tests in UK, Passenger locator form filled in within 48hrs of flight.

I was £84 for Day2 & Day 8 with Dante Labs. Also paid £76(£96 but discount code found on google) for Day 5 test with Collinson, same day result.

Anyone considering TTR needs to be careful with dates. My Day 5 landed on a Friday and as the labs shut down over the weekend a Friday test would mean result late Tuesday, ie no benefit. Why I went for same day result.

Edited by sandyf
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Under review and could change soon 

Daily update from GOV.UK for:

Entering England during coronavirus

Red, amber and green list rules for entering England

Page summary:
Countries rated as red, amber or green for coronavirus (COVID-19) and the rules you must follow to enter England.

Change made:
From 4am Sunday 8 August, the fully vaccinated amber rules will apply to France. At the same time, Austria, Germany, Latvia, Norway, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia will move to green list. Bahrain, India, Qatar and United Arab Emirates will move to amber list. Georgia, Mayotte, Mexico and Reunion will move to red list.

Time updated:
10:00pm, 4 August 2021

Why am I getting this email?

You asked GOV.UK to send you one email a day about:

Entering England during coronavirus

On 8/5/2021 at 3:19 PM, KamnanT said:

No 

• Like 1