Queen's Birthday, Thursday 12th August, are shops (Makro) allowed to sell alcohol?

Speedhump

I'm guessing yes, but would like confirmation as I don't leave the house much these days and I don't want a fruitless (beerless) trip with a chance to pick up a virus. ????

Also is PKK vehicle license/testing office open during the deep red lockdown?

Thanks guys.

Edited by Speedhump
Speeling
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, fishtank said:

No reason to stop sales of beer.

Never has done in the past.

Yes I bought some earlier in the 11am - 2pm time slot..normally only religious days they ban it..but what  about those not religious who want a drink ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They think ahead and buy early

Not being religious I'm often not aware of an impending  dry day/s...if I stock up the tendency is to drink more,so I prefer to only buy enough day to day..on the occasions  of being caught out the demon drink can be found with a bit of searching   but very often not my favourite tipple. :drunk:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Huh, obviously we have a lot of addicts here ????

You must be bored since your are quoting yourself?

Addict or Alcoholic? which do you mean?

By all means this is a forum and the OP asked if he could go buy a couple of beers on the Queens birthday.

Enjoy your holy life and cheers to everyone else.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 5:21 PM, fishtank said:

No reason to stop sales of beer.

Never has done in the past.

Religious holidays and elections.

Oh and sometimes COVID-19 decrees.

You can always get alcohol at Ma and Pop shops.

• Like 1

Just walked back from the local 7-11, looked like a large procession will be coming down Rama 4 near Lumpini park around 7pm, must be the queens birthday procession.  However, to get back on topic, the 7-11 was doing a brisk business in selling alcohol of all types, so it must not be an alcohol holiday.

An American friend drank a case (24 cans) of beer a night until he turned 60. He went to work 

5 days a week never left the house once he was home from work. Entire top floor was a patio 

1/2 covered..  he had a urinal installed so he didn’t have to go down stairs.. He enjoyed his beer...

• Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 7:41 PM, problemfarang said:

why dont you stock now so you wont think tomorrow? lol

I believe government places will be close

Stocking beer does not work for me.

If I stock enough for a week, a month, a year, what I stocked for the year lasts a month, and what I stocked for a month lasts a week.

Still, I drink in moderation on all days of the year.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Oh dear, booze is all you can think of??? Poor mate ????

It seems you too don't have a lot more to think of, since you are reading and commenting.... Other people are entitled to a life. And if the only worry they have is thinking whether alcohol will be banned that day it seems pretty good...