Koh Samui: Risky areas identified as tourists set to arrive on "7+7" plan

webfact

4pm.jpg

Channel 7 reported that tourists on the Phuket Sandbox scheme were preparing to take part in the "7 + 7" plan.

That is spending seven days in Phuket then seven in nearby islands in Krabi and the three islands in Surat Thani of Samui, Phangan and Koh Tao. 

They reported that safety of tourists was being made a top priority  on Koh Samui with district chief Theerapong Chuaychu saying that provincial authorities had instructed him to identify risky areas for tourists to ensure their safety and areas where CCTV coverage maybe lacking. 

Places that were dark and even accident blackspots were part of the order. 

The involvement of the public in being the eyes and ears of the authorities was needed to help with safety of tourists as well, he said.

He assured tourist safety saying that people were not to worry about Covid from the visitors as they had all been tested twice in seven days in Phuket.

The Channel news report was notable for what it didn't mention.

The elephant in the room that was the recent murder of a female Swiss tourist in Phuket that created jitters in the Phuket Sandbox scheme.

This seems to have prompted the latest round of concern for tourists on Samui notes ASEAN NOW rather than any specific Covid-19 fears. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Places that were dark and even accident blackspots were part of the order. 

Driving in/on Samui has been much better since the tourists left, and a majority of businesses closed down, I can't remember the last time I heard an ambulance go screeching by with its siren blaring out...as for the 'dark' bit, that'll be at night I guess ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

I’m, how about they control the rising Baht?  Don’t look now, but it’s pushing 2% in the last 48 hours.  Someone’s buying up Baht—for what reason?

I did look. And found your post to be completely erroneous.

• Confused 1