New Yamaha Rxi 135/ X1r?

Im needing help buying a new motor bike to ride around on in Pattaya. I've rented just about everything I could, nouvo,air blade, wave, CBR 150 and big bikes. I've been shopping for 2 mothns. I like the power of larger bikes but find them unpratical in Pattaya, tight traffic, parking, quick trips shopping and service. I've settled on either a CBR 150 or the new Yamaha rxi 135. I can not find any palce that rents the RXI/X1R or spark.

I like the CBR's power,brakes and looks but find it is not as easy to manuver in tight spots compared to standard thai bikes and it is not much good for trips to the market. Also I carry a passenger about half of the time and I don't think its too comforatble for her but she says she doesn't mind, but I do when her weight push against me since the passenger seat is tilted so much. However by myself i find the bike comforatable and fun to ride except for the handle bars. The tilt in too much and causes me some wrist pain if I ride for a hour or so.

Im guessing the RXI is like the Wave, auto clutch, step down to go up in gears, disk/drum brakes and standard style seat. I find the wave easy and convient to ride but not too exciting. Great for short trips/ wearing sandles/ carring a light load. I don't like the power, brakes a little weak with an extra person riding, and the seat causes me a some back pain if I ride for 30 minutes or more. I tend to slouch when sitting without a back rest. I dont have this problem on the CBR since you tend to lean forawrd. Takes the pressure of my back and puts it on my wrist. Wah, im a baby, I guess its arthrist starting.BTW i am now riding a wave 100 s. And i did look at the NEW wave X 125 with twin disk brakes and would have bought that but you can not get it with electric start. I must have electric start.

Im needing help buying a new motor bike to ride around on in Pattaya. I've rented just about everything I could, nouvo,air blade, wave, CBR 150 and big bikes. I've been shopping for 2 mothns. I like the power of larger bikes but find them unpratical in Pattaya, tight traffic, parking, quick trips shopping and service. I've settled on either a CBR 150 or the new Yamaha rxi 135. I can not find any palce that rents the RXI/X1R or spark.

I like the CBR's power,brakes and looks but find it is not as easy to manuver in tight spots compared to standard thai bikes and it is not much good for trips to the market. Also I carry a passenger about half of the time and I don't think its too comforatble for her but she says she doesn't mind, but I do when her weight push against me since the passenger seat is tilted so much. However by myself i find the bike comforatable and fun to ride except for the handle bars. The tilt in too much and causes me some wrist pain if I ride for a hour or so.

Im guessing the RXI is like the Wave, auto clutch, step down to go up in gears, disk/drum brakes and standard style seat. I find the wave easy and convient to ride but not too exciting. Great for short trips/ wearing sandles/ carring a light load. I don't like the power, brakes a little weak with an extra person riding, and the seat causes me a some back pain if I ride for 30 minutes or more. I tend to slouch when sitting without a back rest. I dont have this problem on the CBR since you tend to lean forawrd. Takes the pressure of my back and puts it on my wrist. Wah, im a baby, I guess its arthrist starting.BTW i am now riding a wave 100 s. And i did look at the NEW wave X 125 with twin disk brakes and would have bought that but you can not get it with electric start. I must have electric start.

Hi,

may I ask your weight and size? Personally I have a Nouvo now...quite satisfied with it, good power for an automatic one. However I replaced the rear springs by stronger, "double" springs, which really improves the ride when you travel not alone.

Yeah CBR 150 R I would like to ride as well, tried many times, but I think I am too tall for it (193cm). On the Nuovo not that problem.

The Waves and Dream I do not really like, although they are reliable and cheap in maitenance.

Moo9

Im 5'8" not sure how many cm and around 70 Kg. The nouvo is just to weak for me and brakes aren't so good. I am used to riding full size off road bikes. Kawasaki KX 250, KLX 300, honda XR 200 and last bike KX100 I still own in the states. Even that little bike has alot of power compared to thai 4 strokes. It makes about 28 HP and weighs only 75 kg. I am not wanting a used thai 4 stroke bike and big bikes just cost way too much here. I rented a XR250 motard and found that smaller thai bikes better between cars, and the cost of one is around 200,000 baht used. No, I preffer something new that I can get parts and service for.

I just picked up a new RXI135 FI in Pattaya. I noticed 2 problems after riding all day that I did not notice durring my test ride around the store. Take off in 1st gear is sluggish. It kinda bogs down for about a second or two then as the revs get a little higher, it goes fine. Actually my wave 100 takes off better for the 1st 50 feet. I know the motor has power because in 2 and 3 gear this thing is quick for a little bike. Second thing is sometimes it does not change gears when I step on the gear shift. I have to slightly rock the pedal back then down to get it to go into the next higher gear. And this happens even when I take my foot completely off the pedal. It should pop back in possition requiring only a down step to change gears. I never had that problem with the Wave. Its starting to get anoying. I took it to the dealer and they tried but can't see the problem. It does not happen all the time but if I ride all day in traffic, it will happen 4 or 5 times. Is there any thing I can do about these 2 problems? I read some where else that another owner complained about the sluggish take off in 1st gear, so it may be in all the auto clutch models.

on the good side, it seems to be very fuel effiecient, powerful passing, looks good, and brakes good for disc/drum set up. I just picked up a new RXI135 FI in Pattaya. I noticed 2 problems after riding all day that I did not notice durring my test ride around the store. Take off in 1st gear is sluggish. It kinda bogs down for about a second or two then as the revs get a little higher, it goes fine. Actually my wave 100 takes off better for the 1st 50 feet. I know the motor has power because in 2 and 3 gear this thing is quick for a little bike. Second thing is sometimes it does not change gears when I step on the gear shift. I have to slightly rock the pedal back then down to get it to go into the next higher gear. And this happens even when I take my foot completely off the pedal. It should pop back in possition requiring only a down step to change gears. I never had that problem with the Wave. Its starting to get anoying. I took it to the dealer and they tried but can't see the problem. It does not happen all the time but if I ride all day in traffic, it will happen 4 or 5 times. Is there any thing I can do about these 2 problems? I read some where else that another owner complained about the sluggish take off in 1st gear, so it may be in all the auto clutch models. on the good side, it seems to be very fuel effiecient, powerful passing, looks good, and brakes good for disc/drum set up.I just picked up a new RXI135 FI in Pattaya. I noticed 2 problems after riding all day that I did not notice durring my test ride around the store. Take off in 1st gear is sluggish. It kinda bogs down for about a second or two then as the revs get a little higher, it goes fine. Actually my wave 100 takes off better for the 1st 50 feet. I know the motor has power because in 2 and 3 gear this thing is quick for a little bike. Second thing is sometimes it does not change gears when I step on the gear shift. I have to slightly rock the pedal back then down to get it to go into the next higher gear. And this happens even when I take my foot completely off the pedal. It should pop back in possition requiring only a down step to change gears. I never had that problem with the Wave. Its starting to get anoying. I took it to the dealer and they tried but can't see the problem. It does not happen all the time but if I ride all day in traffic, it will happen 4 or 5 times. Is there any thing I can do about these 2 problems? I read some where else that another owner complained about the sluggish take off in 1st gear, so it may be in all the auto clutch models. on the good side, it seems to be very fuel effiecient, powerful passing, looks good, and brakes good for disc/drum set up.

Switch to full edit form