Help - COE online application assistance required

I am currently trying to progress through the application process for COE for myself and my Wife (who is Thai)

Firstly I come to the section about the upload of the vaccination certificates which require passport Number -  is this required , I see where some people have stated that they just edited the pdf file 

if so what did they add ??   The actual document from the UK NHS does not use your full name either .  Should you have to edit the original form

Second  -  I thought I could get the Covid insurance after I have got authorisation from the Thai Embassy for COE  -  however I see I have to upload the proof of insurance at the time of completing the application    

Am i  interpretating this correct

Third  - I was going to obtain covid insurance for 1 month for me as my visa is only valid until the 15th October, However what period would I give for my wife as she does not have a visa duration length and I was not going to obtain a return flight ticket just one-way 

any thoughts views would be much appreciated          

Are you entering at to go in into one of the sandboxes. If not you do not need proof of being vaccinated.

If going into a sandbox the embassy will be familiar with certificate and know they do not have your passport number on them and will accept them.

How long your insurance will need to be valid for depends upon how long before your re-entry permit expires if using one. It entering with a visa it depends upon the length of the entry you get when entering the country,

Your Thai wife will not require medical insurance. Her COE application is in Thai and is different from yours.

I applied for my COE mid July from London embassy and used the NHS vaccination certificate as is with no editing - worked fine, it only had first and last name and DOB, no passport number. ( I used a copy of the paper certificate sent by mail but would assume that the electronic certificate would be ok). I believe the covid insurance is required to complete the application as you infer. I believe you will need USD 100k min. covid insurance to cover the duration of your stay and maybe your wife does not need insurance as she is Thai.

Thanks for your input  (both of you)

There is a COVID section to upload documents for proof  in the Thai Nationals section of the Application.

I was going to get a months insurance , the same as myself as my multi entry visa ends on the 15th of October and I am hopefully returning to Thailand the 26th September

With the expense of the whole process anyway a 100 quid more -  will probably go unnoticed 

regards

Richard   

There is not mention of insurance on this page of COE application site for Thais.

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=th

Also not mentioned here on the embassy website. https://london.thaiembassy.org/th/content/ขั้นตอนการกลับประเทศไทยของคนไทย?page=5f4b6330342f2d1f4c6c40a4&menu=5f4b652c522bf45dc44cda62

A Thai is covered by the government health plan.

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa you will get a 90 day permit to stay and will need insurance for that long. Or are you calling your multiple entry re-entry permit for a extension of stay a visa. If a re-entry permit you will only get a permit to stay to October 15th and would only need 30 days of insurance.

Ubonjoe - first !!  yes my re -entry permit only last until the 8th October , Therefore I was going to insure myself for that period.  However I went into the link supplied by the thai government for covid insurance , input my information for 30 days insurance , stating I was a Non-0 visa (retirement) and then then passed me onto another site which was looking at long term o-a visa's.  Therefore it was suggesting I would need to get some long term insurance.

Emeraldisle

I to was looking at this  -    Book a hotel which I can cancel 1 week before I fly , however it seems that you have to buy covid insurance , with no guarantee you will get a COE.  Also you can not submit a COE until 30 days before estimated departure date.

I am going to wait for stage one to go through for the COE and then buy the plane ticket

If not let the COE application time out and start again

regards      

10 hours ago, oporhatch said:

Ubonjoe - first !!  yes my re -entry permit only last until the 8th October , Therefore I was going to insure myself for that period.  However I went into the link supplied by the thai government for covid insurance , input my information for 30 days insurance , stating I was a Non-0 visa (retirement) and then then passed me onto another site which was looking at long term o-a visa's.  Therefore it was suggesting I would need to get some long term insurance.

You select the wrong type of permitted person. 

image.png.a8e21c4891997f4987e915805ab015e5.png

Thanks for that Joe.

I looked outside the website at the swaadee insurance for 90 days from Axa..........interestingly if you do 90 days its about 7k bhat  - if you put in 91 it goes straight up to 14k bhat -  hence I will be going for the 90 day option  -  should cover me till xmas !!!

20 hours ago, oporhatch said:

Thanks for your input  (both of you)

There is a COVID section to upload documents for proof  in the Thai Nationals section of the Application.

I was going to get a months insurance , the same as myself as my multi entry visa ends on the 15th of October and I am hopefully returning to Thailand the 26th September

With the expense of the whole process anyway a 100 quid more -  will probably go unnoticed 

regards

Richard   

You are right when saying that you have to get the covid insurance up front , just to apply for pre-approval . Plus there seems to be a preferred ins; company . However I did my own thing and used another company at at least a third saving . Seems a bit unreasonable asking for covid ins; up front . Similarly you have to risk paying for flights ( in these uncertain times ) and covid tests before the final approval . All a bit stressful though I have to say my 3 applications went smoothly ( I delayed the trip twice by a couple of weeks ) . The only snag was the tiny upload button that I missed on my first application . 

7 hours ago, superal said:

You are right when saying that you have to get the covid insurance up front , just to apply for pre-approval . Plus there seems to be a preferred ins; company . However I did my own thing and used another company at at least a third saving . Seems a bit unreasonable asking for covid ins; up front . Similarly you have to risk paying for flights ( in these uncertain times ) and covid tests before the final approval . All a bit stressful though I have to say my 3 applications went smoothly ( I delayed the trip twice by a couple of weeks ) . The only snag was the tiny upload button that I missed on my first application . 

There is no preferred insurance company. Doesn't even have to be a Thai company.

The only thing I had to pay for upfront was a 5,000 baht deposit for my ASQ package.