Football Players Wanted

dyinganimal

Football players are wanted for the Farangutans. We are a multi-national side that play here in Chiang Mai, though occasionally travelling further afield. Anyone is welcome!

Either leave a message here or contact [email protected]

Latley the team has been depleted with a few players returning home.

Games on the weekend and our Wednesday night futsal paractices are good fun with plenty of opportunities to meet locals and, obviously, a bunch of expats.

Football players are wanted for the Farangutans. We are a multi-national side that play here in Chiang Mai, though occasionally travelling further afield. Anyone is welcome!

Games on the weekend and our Wednesday night futsal paractices are good fun with plenty of opportunities to meet locals and, obviously, a bunch of expats.

No I mean soccer, not Aussie football or American football. You're welcome to try!

Lads,

You might have an unfair advantage Austhaied if it's Aussie Rules played by locals :D:D:D:D

If it's 'soccer', count me in. I don't arrive in CM until mid-June but would love to play. Can we have more info? And what is futsal?

Hill16

When you say football do you mean "soccer" ? :o

If it's Aussie Rules then count me in. :bah:

We practise Futsal on Wednesday nights at Nakorn Payap international School from 7 30 to 9 30. It's like indoor football, very good fun. We usually have a post game beer.

We also play Thai teams on the weekend, sometimes CM and sometimes around Lamohun, Lampahng etc. Always a laugh as the Thais are well up for a game with Westerners. Sometimes it's relexed, sometimes very competetive.

We also travel to BKK every year to play in the SE Asia tournament with about 25 other teams. Excellent! There are other tournaments around Asia, we go if we can get the players.

Some of our players have been great footballers, highly skilled and some have been pretty awful. We've always fielded players of mixed abilities.

You can contact me personally for any more info

[email protected]

Thanks

• 2 months later...

DyingAnimal-What age range are we talking about? I'm a fit 42 and use to play for Kingsbury Town...I think my cousin Bugsy use to play for you ( maybe still does...long streak of p*ss...with the turning speed of a Blue Whale ) when you played in Emerald Green & the all conquering White of the Chiang Mai Seniors Cup winners of 2005....watched a team in Bangkok (in April) that was from Chiang Mai but they played in Dark Blue and were quite young. Never found out the name of the outfit just the city.

[email protected]

I would be interested to join. Im "85 Champion in a great football country called Finland :o Use to play leftD but U can put me anywhere on the field where I do not have to move too much... or at least not with a great speed... Im only 29 now but I have the body of 50 year old expat :D

If I remember right last time I played was "2000 in the Bangkok University team... so that 7 years with out touching a ball. (and Im talking about the soccer ball now).

So If I can fit into your team Im happy to play any position :D

(about Futsal, Im not so sure... I have never had any technique or skills what so ever... I played something similar to that in Finland played in hockey ring to the hand-ball goals with normal football... I was goalie in that... I tried few times at forward as well, but did not do that well)

To London cabbie. We were the senior cup winners and we were also the dark blue team you saw in Bangkok. Not so young, only two players under 30 and the others well into their 30s and a couple over 40.

Like i said, just give me a call or contact me at citylife magazine.

james at chiang mai citylife is the email address. obviously not written like that.