Sports Bars In Cm

Donnyboy

Im a bit of a armchair sports nut, but finding a pub that shows what I want to watch is sometimes difficult as they dont advertise what they are going to show until the very day of the sports event. Sometimes the rugby clashes with the soccer etc

Are there any pubs that annouce what they intend to show 3-4 days out?

eg Wallstreet Soi 33 (BKK) has a website that has this service. SPORTS SCHEDULE

cheers

The UN Irish Pub shows a bit of rugby and they have a notice board outside the door showing what is coming up.

Unfortunately, The Irish pub is closed for 10 days or so for re-furbishments.

The Red Lion posts sports programs on a sign on the street, but normally football takes priority. With Premier league finished they will probably have the rugby on at the weekend. Nice big screen, and they open the sound.

The rugby is not on UBC so options may be limited to places with WETV. WETV has about 3 channels of Supersport from S.Africa, but what channels they show is anybod'y guess. No schedules, so it''s pot-luck. Not sure if Red Lion has WETV or not as they always have football from UBC on!

The Pub on Huay Kaew Rd has sports on TV. http://www.chiangmainews.com/pub/

As does Tuskers on Chaiyapum Soi 1. http://www.tuskersbar.com/

Just checked UBC LIVE schedule for Saturday - Tennis (French open) and Golf!!! That's it!! 4 sports channels and all they show is Football repeats all weekend. Does Tuskers or The Pub have any other system than UBC?

Look's like WETV would be the best choice. Some places have their own satellite dishes but I don't know what they receive other than ESPN/STAR - which is what UBC has.

Mate - I think what donnybrook was asking is something I have requested before from similar places ie a schedule of what they will show. That way if I know it is going to be the Crows v Dons at 10:00pm at the Pub then I will go but if I can't and turn up and discover it is the international marbles championship Under 14 scratch match I will be a bit miffed.

All it needs is a weekly update on their website with a "what showing" schedule and then (assuming that UBC/WeeTV follow their own advertised schedule) put it on the tele for the punters to watch.

You listening Pub Owners our there?

CB

Just checked UBC LIVE schedule for Saturday - Tennis (French open) and Golf!!! That's it!! 4 sports channels and all they show is Football repeats all weekend. Does Tuskers or The Pub have any other system than UBC?

Look's like WETV would be the best choice. Some places have their own satellite dishes but I don't know what they receive other than ESPN/STAR - which is what UBC has.

Tuskers have WETV..

Point taken I will try to put out televised fixtures on a weekly basis but sometimes TV schedules are hard to find in advance or simply contradictory, for example on the internet according to the latest listing only the second half of the All Blacks v France is being shown on Saturday. Something that defies logic and probably the whole game will be shown. Do I open early on the off chance or not. Frustrating to say the least.

I do list general fixtures for the most popular sports on the website but understand that advance notice would be useful and will try to get it together on a weekly basis.

Edited by miltonbentley

Thanks for giving me a kick to get that done folks - a worthwhile exercise.

All the latest TV sports listings are here I've even found some Americas Cup and lots of rugby this weekend :o

well done MB, looks like a good weekend of sports lined up

ps you forgot the sailing icon on the sports page :D

post-15912-1180593605.gif

All the latest TV sports listings are here I've even found some Americas Cup and lots of rugby this weekend :o

Elephants make lousy sailors but just for you I've added it in. :D

All the latest TV sports listings are here I've even found some Americas Cup and lots of rugby this weekend :D

Elephants make lousy sailors but just for you I've added it in. :D

Now I cant wait till 20/10/2007 when you have to post a new picture of a player in a Black jersey holding the RWC :o

Now I cant wait till 20/10/2007 when you have to post a new picture of a player in a Black jersey holding the RWC :o

Now that's the kind of comment that makes others smirk when your boys choke :D

Just kidding - if New Zealand win the World Cup I hereby promise to dedicate a whole page on the website to the All Blacks

In the meantime you can look at this. (and yes I know we have been arse ever since)

mj26112003.jpg

Edited by miltonbentley

Just kidding - if New Zealand win the World Cup I hereby promise to dedicate a whole page on the website to the All Blacks

In the meantime you can look at this. (and yes I know we have been arse ever since)

mj26112003.jpg

this could be the start of a beautiful friendship :D

mj26112003.jpg

A beautiful friendship between a Sheep Shagger and a Pom? During the Rugby World Cup? Yeah right mate.

Got my my sacred Green and Gold rugby jersey out of mothballs ready for the occasion for when the Cup is returned to its rightful home in Australia with the rest of the world's tinware like the one for the Cricket World Cup.

:D That should start 'em up

CB

Edited by Crow Boy

mj26112003.jpg

A beautiful friendship between a Sheep Shagger and a Pom? During the Rugby World Cup? Yeah right mate.

Got my my sacred Green and Gold rugby jersey out of mothballs ready for the occasion for when the Cup is returned to its rightful home in Australia with the rest of the world's tinware like the one for the Cricket World Cup.

:D That should start 'em up

CB

you can keep those p*ss pots! :D , the one worth winning is played for on 20/10/07.

CB, Ive just looked at the draw and it doesnt look like Aussies going to make the semi-final,

esp when you have Japan, Wales, Canada and Fiji in your pool :bah:

Edited by Donnyboy

Better get the rules straight on this.

1) Someone runs about 3 metres with the ball. (At least it's the right shape).

2) The others chase him.

3) All fall down

4) Stand and talk for ten minutes. (Or is that the American version?)

5) Bend over and push each others bums. (Jeez, imagine playing the soap dodgers!!!)

6) Someone runs another 3 metres.

7) Repeat steps 2,3,4,5 ad nauseum.

I can see I'll have to study up before the world cup.

Thank God the real football season starts soon. ENOUGH of this soccer already!!

Looking forward to those chess like moves with precision and grace balanced with power and strength.

Randy Moss where are you when I need you!!!

moss_min.jpg

And all the padding and hard hats and armour in case one of the other team gets nasty and they hurt dey poor widdle selves.

Pathetic isn't it.

Real men play Aussie Rules.. :D (incoming).

you forgot that AFL have the most intelligent fans too :o

post-15912-1180839406_thumb.jpg

CB, Ive just looked at the draw and it doesnt look like Aussies going to make the semi-final,

esp when you have Japan, Wales, Canada and Fiji in your pool :o

Yeah we like to go the hard route and play the really hard rugby nations like Japan and Canada. I can't remember your draw but if it is like last time you will get to do games with South Africa, England, and France.

You have no idea how hard it is for me to say this but I think you guys will win this year. Australia has had a lot of problems with players no fullfilling their ability on the field since the last cup. NZ has a four year rage to settle. I just hope it is a good series but I really do think the draw is not balanced.

CB

esp when you have Japan, Wales, Canada and Fiji in your pool :o

Yeah we like to go the hard route and play the really hard rugby nations like Japan and Canada. I can't remember your draw but if it is like last time you will get to do games with South Africa, England, and France.

You have no idea how hard it is for me to say this but I think you guys will win this year. Australia has had a lot of problems with players no fullfilling their ability on the field since the last cup. NZ has a four year rage to settle. I just hope it is a good series but I really do think the draw is not balanced.

CB

actually probably 12 years from 1995 when SA won. Its been frustrating due to being so close to winning the cup but yet so far and losing the crucial games, and being the top team in between world cups. Thats the difference. I think back to 1991 when Australia first won the RWC, they were nearly knocked out in the quaters by Ireland until the last try in the dying moments, and then went on to win against NZ in the semis (again) and then England in the final. - now thats peaking at the right time.

NZ has a very easy draw in pool play, vs Scot ,Italy ,Romania and Portugal this year The draw is ok I believe as you have the top 8 teams spread over 4 pools. The problem is the skill level between the top tier countries versus the bottom tier is massive, unlike soccer where last year the Socceroos held Italy, the champions level till 89mins, and then Italy scored only by a undeserved penalty. BTW, I was cheering for Australia even vs Brazil, where they played bloody well.

NZ will most likely will face Australia in the semis unless England beats Aust in the Quarters, thats if NZ doesnt choke, now I wouldnt bet on that game either as Aust can get up for a one off game.

I think South Africa would be the team to beat this year.