Car Insurance Owner/insured Questions

Krub

Hi,

Car owner is Mr P in blue book, normaly insurance is taken on by Mr P for the car.

Is it possible for a Mr. X to insure up to the same level of coverage the car of Mr P in his place ?

In other words are the cars insured irrespective of the name of the owner in the blue book ?

Thanks

I thought it was the car that is insured .........so it does not matter who the driver is as long as they have a thai / international licence etc etc

That's what I want to make sure : that the car is the one insured. Can somebody confirm ?

Thanks

That's what I want to make sure : that the car is the one insured. Can somebody confirm ?

Check the policy page of your insurance. If it says "unnamed insured" then it covers any [licensed/legal] driver of the vehicle. If it lists one or several named drivers then only those persons are insured.

My wife’s car is insured in her name. I drive on an international licence in Thailand.

She asked her insurance company about my coverage and was told I’m covered by the cars policy as long as I had a valid Thai / international licence.

A question from me; maybe someone can help? Is your insurance still valid if your road tax (tabien rot) has run out? I thinking more in terms of my pickup laid up when I am not here, and it getting stolen. It will be sitting in the apartment car park, which has good security. I have just renewed the insurance and wonder if I can get away with not paying the road tax until I return in 3 months time.