Jump to content

are there any ebike manufacturers in Thailand?


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, dj230 said:

you mean bicycle or like motorbike?

I'm mainly interesting in push bikes, light ones

I'm not convinced by electric motorbikes at the moment although I do know the Indians are starting to make some interesting looking scooters and those nius look cool so thanks for the heads up on those!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, driver52 said:

I'm mainly interesting in push bikes, light ones

I'm not convinced by electric motorbikes at the moment although I do know the Indians are starting to make some interesting looking scooters and those nius look cool so thanks for the heads up on those!

Yeah - the performance of real e-bikes is terrible...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sanmyintmaung said:

LA bicycle is the Thai manufacture of electric bicycles. 

http://www.labicyclegroup.com/productdetail-EN/287

 

 

I didn't know LA made ebikes.

 

Nice to know.

 

We've bought a few over the years of there regular bicycles and there surprisingly good quality considering there made here.

Edited by MrJ2U
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I didn't know LA made ebikes.

 

Nice to know.

 

We've bought a few over the years of there regular bicycles and there surprisingly good quality considering there made here.

Are you sure they are made here in Thailand. and that other 'Thai' site they show bikes that are made in China. When i ordered mine on Laz, it arrived next day. 100% China.848555266_images(48).jpg.c7835b13a0dfcde22703c2342ec3bf90.jpg 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Are you sure they are made here in Thailand. and that other 'Thai' site they show bikes that are made in China. When i ordered mine on Laz, it arrived next day. 100% China.848555266_images(48).jpg.c7835b13a0dfcde22703c2342ec3bf90.jpg 

Maybe that's why they are still working.

 

My wife orders them.  

I just pay for them.

 

I saw the picture.

 

I was thinking they'd have more typical bike styles so you might not look like an oddball.

 

Great selection on Alibaba if one was inclined to purchase an ebike.

 

I'd tell my wife there made in China but I don't want an argument.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought an EMPIRE EV2 E-Bike off Shoppe last year: B12,000. 

Though supposedly a Thai made bike, local distributors basically buy generic OEM Chinese made frames (My frame is identical to about 20 different brands I've identified so far including the popular "lectric") and hang whatever motors and drive train parts on them that they can source cheaply.

Mine has a 250 W (or is it Volt) motor and 24 inch tires.  I can cruise about 10km battery only and about 40 km pedal assist. Top speed was just under 20 km/h before I hacked the control, almost 30 km/h after hack but I never go that fast as the suspension (no front shocks) and brakes (foot dragging better) aren't up to it. 

It's fun around town.  It folds but into a really awkward configuration that makes it not really portable. It weighs close to 30 kg.

Would I recommend it?  No.

Edited by dddave
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dddave said:

I bought an EMPIRE EV2 E-Bike off Shoppe last year: B12,000. 

Though supposedly a Thai made bike, local distributors basically buy generic OEM Chinese made frames (My frame is identical to about 20 different brands I've identified so far including the popular "lectric") and hang whatever motors and drive train parts on them that they can source cheaply.

Mine has a 250 W (or is it Volt) motor and 24 inch tires.  I can cruise about 10km battery only and about 40 km pedal assist. Top speed was just under 20 km/h before I hacked the control, almost 30 km/h after hack but I never go that fast as the suspension (no front shocks) and brakes (foot dragging better) aren't up to it. 

It's fun around town.  It folds but into a really awkward configuration that makes it not really portable. It weighs close to 30 kg.

Would I recommend it?  No.

A friend has done similar.

 

Carbon fibre frame from China and fitted a Bafang M600 motor.

Good for 60km/h and 80km range.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Are you sure they are made here in Thailand. and that other 'Thai' site they show bikes that are made in China. When i ordered mine on Laz, it arrived next day. 100% China.848555266_images(48).jpg.c7835b13a0dfcde22703c2342ec3bf90.jpg 

I just brought my daughter's bike in from the rain.

 

And there it was:

 

"Made in Thailand"

 

Nice ride!

 

 

IMG_20210924_163853.jpg

IMG_20210924_163933.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

A friend has done similar.

 

Carbon fibre frame from China and fitted a Bafang M600 motor.

Good for 60km/h and 80km range.

post some pics, that sounds awesome!

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=th&u=https://www.bkkebike.com/&prev=search&pto=aue

 

When I was originally bike shopping I went to this place on a back soi in Laksi...not easy to find.

They had an excellent selection of E-Bikes on hand though even though I called in advance, no English speaking person was on hand.  If you see one in their online catalog, make sure they have one on hand before making the trip.

I found one 26" model I really liked but discovered I couldn't get my leg over to get on. (I'm in my 70s)

Edit:  Looks like their location has changed to a more proper shop since I visited.

Edited by dddave
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 9:39 AM, brianthainess said:

Are you sure they are made here in Thailand. and that other 'Thai' site they show bikes that are made in China. When i ordered mine on Laz, it arrived next day. 100% China.848555266_images(48).jpg.c7835b13a0dfcde22703c2342ec3bf90.jpg 

Oh dear.

Imagine driving this piece around, having a beer belly, a Chang T-shirt, a few tattoes and a dog sitting in the basket.

 

You will be brandmarket forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...